Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 237208 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #825: May 10, 2012, 04:41:59 AM »
And that cavalier attitude completely disappears once the Zuma show up.

And this should come as a shocker?. Nobody can defeat a force which has, as far as we know, infinite CS. Or maybe a finite limit which is still way above anyone's capacity to defeat.

I don't give a rat's ass about the 10 000CS up north. What I care about is the rest of the daimons they are holding back.

If we knew that they could be defeated, then we'd just mop them up too. Until then, I'd rather fight on all of SA at the same time than pick a fight with the lame GM army. 'cause I, like many others, didn't join Dwilight for player vs. npc action.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #826: May 10, 2012, 05:14:14 AM »
Everything Cheneir said is awesome.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #827: May 10, 2012, 05:15:36 AM »
Everything Cheneir said is awesome.

he is a master whiner.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #828: May 10, 2012, 05:23:27 AM »
he is a master whiner.

You aren't bad yourself, continuously whining about how unfair it was for Terran's allies to come offer limited help after even dustole made it clear that Kabrinskia was the one who broke the treaties and provoked the war.

If Astrum joins in, do you think we'll go whine about how unfair that is?

Typically, the only people I've really seen enjoying the daimons are those who don't risk being invaded by them. It's painfully obvious that the only reason you are enjoying them is because they are giving you a personal advantage. To help you against this "unfair" war that nobody in the South was really looking for, 'cause even if some in Terran did want a conflict, Allison REALLY had to push a lot to finally get their senate to decide.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #829: May 10, 2012, 05:32:46 AM »
Yeah and Asylon was content being awesome... 8)
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #830: May 10, 2012, 06:09:45 AM »
he is a master whiner.

It's true, but I wouldn't get too cocky, because you're coming off the same way yourself.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #831: May 10, 2012, 07:09:22 AM »
It's true, but I wouldn't get too cocky, because you're coming off the same way yourself.

LOL.... I am just having fun with him....LOL
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #832: May 10, 2012, 10:43:10 AM »
Typically, the only people I've really seen enjoying the daimons are those who don't risk being invaded by them.

Correction, My Duchy, the greatest and most beutiful Duchy of Asylon share borders with the Zuma lands at the moment, I get to stare into 20-30k of Zuma CS daily, and i STILL enjoy them. But I am one of the odd bunch in Asylon.
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #833: May 10, 2012, 11:35:53 AM »
Correction, My Duchy, the greatest and most beutiful Duchy of Asylon share borders with the Zuma lands at the moment, I get to stare into 20-30k of Zuma CS daily, and i STILL enjoy them. But I am one of the odd bunch in Asylon.

I eat breakfast 300 yards from 4000 Cubans, who are trained to kill me, so don't think for one second that you can come down here, flash your badge and make me nervous!

EDIT: I've just been told that I may have dated myself, so for those who don't know, it's a line from A Few Good Men.  :'(
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:20:34 PM by Solari »

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #834: May 10, 2012, 11:44:54 AM »
And this should come as a shocker?. Nobody can defeat a force which has, as far as we know, infinite CS. Or maybe a finite limit which is still way above anyone's capacity to defeat.

Neither of these estimations of Zuma military capability is correct.

If we knew that they could be defeated, then we'd just mop them up too. Until then, I'd rather fight on all of SA at the same time than pick a fight with the lame GM army.

That would be a tougher slog than the Zuma.

'cause I, like many others, didn't join Dwilight for player vs. npc action.

Yet here we are, several years after the founding of Dwilight, and the only thing that's been consistently true from day one is that the Zuma are in a pocket of SW Dwilight.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #835: May 10, 2012, 11:59:31 AM »
I find this all very enlightening. Sadly, I was not here for the big battle. Perhaps my friends and I would have tipped the scales if I had seen that post on the Dwarf Fortress - Bay12 forum 'Other Games' section before. I get the feeling any little bit would have helped the Terran army at that point, heh.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #836: May 10, 2012, 01:40:11 PM »
Neither of these estimations of Zuma military capability is correct.

That would be a tougher slog than the Zuma.

Yet here we are, several years after the founding of Dwilight, and the only thing that's been consistently true from day one is that the Zuma are in a pocket of SW Dwilight.

And how do you know? Because as far as I know, you're just guessing as I am. Tom and the Zuma GMs never gave the slightest hint that, if we were dissatisfied with the Zuma, military annihilation was an option.

And no, that has not been consistently true from day one. We didn't even know about the daimons 'till long after many colonization efforts. And we all tried to be friends with the Zuma when we learnt, but because of events that we were completely powerless over (a traitor who swears to do stuff for them and returns to be executed, without anyone ever informing us of a link between him and the Zuma, Vates leaving, some blatant forgery that the Zuma were stupid enough (or rather eager enough) to believe), relations with the Zuma have soured over the years. Because it's just way too easy for any outsider to go harm Zuma-Moot relations. If you ask me, the Zuma GM is tired of our whining OOC, and he's just looking for any excuse to bash on us IC.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #837: May 10, 2012, 01:44:49 PM »
If you ask me, the Zuma GM is tired of our whining OOC, and he's just looking for any excuse to bash on us IC.

If that were true, I think the Zuma GM would be completely justified.

However, I happen to know that it's not. I may not have Tom's word on the Zuma's purpose and longevity, but I do have the Zuma GM's OOC word on why they're doing what they're doing.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #838: May 10, 2012, 01:54:19 PM »
If you ask me, the Zuma GM is tired of our whining OOC, and he's just looking for any excuse to bash on us IC.

Lol. Oh man... you crack me up sometimes.  ;D

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #839: May 10, 2012, 01:56:18 PM »
If that were true, I think the Zuma GM would be completely justified.

However, I happen to know that it's not. I may not have Tom's word on the Zuma's purpose and longevity, but I do have the Zuma GM's OOC word on why they're doing what they're doing.

Forgive me for not giving much credit to that.

With careful thought and a minimum of intelligence, it's easy to justify one's IC actions that pursue one's OOC desires while covering it with IC "reasons".

With antecedents like the demand for an official scribe note link and going out of their way to "believe" the adventurer's forged letter (like the bullcrap about having a "room of truth", but obviously they only wanted to use it on some dude that is on the run instead of the hundreds of others who were witness to the event), my trust that the Zuma GM is acting of good faith is completely and irrevocably gone.

I want to give GMs the benefit of the doubt, because of course whining against them is inevitable and they do accept a burden by taking on the task. But with this particular GM, that's completely lost for me. I will not forgive him for the events surrounding that forged letter.