Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 237074 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #840: May 10, 2012, 02:07:22 PM »
I want to give GMs the benefit of the doubt, because of course whining against them is inevitable and they do accept a burden by taking on the task. But with this particular GM, that's completely lost for me. I will not forgive him for the events surrounding that forged letter.

OK, now you need to just shut the hell up and stop being blatantly and deliberately insulting.

You're either accusing me of lying, which I don't take lightly, or accusing the Zuma GM of lying, which I think none of us on the dev team take lightly.

First of all, you seriously need to accept the fact that stuff goes on IC that you have no idea about. Stuff that affects the way the Zuma behave, and yes, stuff that affects you. This is part of the game. It is, always has been, and is fully intended to be, a game of incomplete information.

Second of all, get the hell over the forged letter. It was months ago, and nothing like it will ever happen again.  And saying you don't believe that is, once again, accusing the Zuma GM of flat-out lying. Furthermore, it's not like you lost half your realm, or got a character killed, or were more than moderately inconvenienced by the results of that letter.

Third of all, I don't know what you're on about with a "room of truth." I presume you're referring to a torture chamber?

Fourth of all, the Zuma GM explicitly stated that he would accept the evidence from anyone who had it. It was all of you twits who decided that it had to be Terrence. He was actually pretty flabbergasted that you were all running around in a tizzy trying to catch Terrence, when he had very clearly stated that anyone who had the original letter would do.

Fifth of all, he was even more flabbergasted that there was absolutely no resistance to the demand that you torture someone.

But I'm just spitting into the wind here, because you've decided that everything the Zuma GM does is bad, and nothing anyone says—no evidence that your "facts" about what he's done are simply, unquestionably false—will change your mind. Right?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #841: May 10, 2012, 02:08:37 PM »
And how do you know? Because as far as I know, you're just guessing as I am. Tom and the Zuma GMs never gave the slightest hint that, if we were dissatisfied with the Zuma, military annihilation was an option.

Probably the same way that I knew how many bushels of grain were floating about Dwilight, a nugget of knowledge which you also questioned until the obvious was stated by ^ban^.  That you keep talking about the Zuma as though you need permission from Tom or the GMs before doing anything suggests that you still haven't accepted what several people with an intimate understanding of the situation have told you.  Why would we lie about something like this?  We are trying to help you.  Continuing to act as though you're being intentionally misled by people who care a great deal about the game and the enjoyment of its players is insulting.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 02:10:25 PM by Solari »

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #842: May 10, 2012, 02:30:10 PM »
I think it's kind of hard not to be suspicious of being misled when the Zuma seem to jump at any chance to fight Moot realms specifically, heh.

Thankfully, Asylon is not a Moot realm, woo.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #843: May 10, 2012, 02:37:18 PM »
I think it's kind of hard not to be suspicious of being misled when the Zuma seem to jump at any chance to fight Moot realms specifically, heh.

If that were true, you would have seen a lot more fighting between the Zuma and 'moot realms.

This is a common logical fallacy, and I don't know if it has a fancy Latin name, but I call it "the mayonnaise fallacy." (Because you only notice that the mayonnaise has been used when it's left out on the counter, so you assume that the person in question always leaves the mayonnaise out on the counter, not realizing that there are at least as many occasions when the mayonnaise is used, but properly put away.)

In this case, consider the situation as a whole: Most of the realms surrounding the Zuma are, in fact, Véinsørmoot realms. Thus, if the Zuma are going to fight a realm, there's a high probability that the realm they are going to fight will belong to the Véinsørmoot, simply based on pure statistics. However, the Zuma don't fight other realms much at all. So the fact that they are fighting against a Véinsørmoot realm now, and did once in the past, is in no way an indication that they are seeking opportunities to fight them.

It is not necessarily an indication that they are not, either—logic's like that, just because particular evidence doesn't prove A doesn't imply that it proves ~A—but stepping outside the realm of pure logic and adding in some knowledge of the game and the personalities and possibilities involved, I think it highly likely that if the Zuma were looking for excuses to fight the Véinsørmoot, there would have been a lot of rather large battles between the Zuma and 'moot realms before now, and rather less human vs human conflict in that part of the continent.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #844: May 10, 2012, 02:54:26 PM »
I am going to sound like Garret here...   The 'Moot has interacted very poorly with the Zuma.  It seems like no one took the time to learn about the Zuma or how to talk to them.  Glaumring posted Asylons RP to the Rulers of Dwilight.  He said and did things that I would never do in the presence of Haktoo.  He wasn't mean or insulting, but the Zuma aren't like humans so talking to them like other humans isn't the smartest thing to do. 

Also, it isn't exactly a secret and anyone who paid attention would realize this IG.  Why the Barcans let Brom keep the Aegis of the Zuma I will never understand.  Why no one in the 'Moot realized its importance I don't understand either.  I think that is because no one from the 'moot interacted directly with the Zuma... 

The Zuma have been looking for their lost unique item for RL years.  I believe that when Garret negotiated peace with Barca in exchange for those unique items he was in fact looking for the shield that I now have.  That is the one and only thing that the Zuma have ever said they wanted.  Haktoo told me to name my reward.  That is why she is coming to Golden Farrow.  I will give her the shield and hopefully get my reward. 

I think Garret played just about everyone who worked with the Zuma through him. 

In order to get the Aegis of the Zuma from Brom(still can't believe the 'Moot didn't snatch that up...)  Allison had to marry Brom, give him 25% of Golden Farrow /and/ make him Judge of Kabrinskia.  All for 1 unique item. 
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Brant

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #845: May 10, 2012, 02:59:24 PM »
In order to get the Aegis of the Zuma from Brom(still can't believe the 'Moot didn't snatch that up...)  Allison had to marry Brom, give him 25% of Golden Farrow /and/ make him Judge of Kabrinskia.  All for 1 unique item. 

Nobody will ever say that Allison didn't have to personally sacrifice for her realm.  :D

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #846: May 10, 2012, 03:20:36 PM »
I have no idea what you are talking about Dustole. Asylon has had long good relations with the Zuma and we discovered lots. The only times we had bad relations were when we dealt with Garrett. I have not dealt with the Zuma face to face for ages. I am not a priest I cannot travel
To the Zuma whenever I want. And for much of Asylons history we dealt with Caerwyn. We only recently had time to even deal with the Zuma.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #847: May 10, 2012, 03:26:34 PM »
Anyone else see the contradictions in that post?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #848: May 10, 2012, 03:34:41 PM »
Nobody will ever say that Allison didn't have to personally sacrifice for her realm.  :D

Allison is also known to sacrifice her realm for her personality.  :D
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #849: May 10, 2012, 03:38:39 PM »
I am going to sound like Garret here...   The 'Moot has interacted very poorly with the Zuma.  It seems like no one took the time to learn about the Zuma or how to talk to them.  Glaumring posted Asylons RP to the Rulers of Dwilight.  He said and did things that I would never do in the presence of Haktoo.  He wasn't mean or insulting, but the Zuma aren't like humans so talking to them like other humans isn't the smartest thing to do. 

Also, it isn't exactly a secret and anyone who paid attention would realize this IG.  Why the Barcans let Brom keep the Aegis of the Zuma I will never understand.  Why no one in the 'Moot realized its importance I don't understand either.  I think that is because no one from the 'moot interacted directly with the Zuma... 

The Zuma have been looking for their lost unique item for RL years.  I believe that when Garret negotiated peace with Barca in exchange for those unique items he was in fact looking for the shield that I now have.  That is the one and only thing that the Zuma have ever said they wanted.  Haktoo told me to name my reward.  That is why she is coming to Golden Farrow.  I will give her the shield and hopefully get my reward. 

I think Garret played just about everyone who worked with the Zuma through him. 

None of that is new to me (though I'm sure it is to many players; dunno why you posted it here, I was under the impression it was fairly secret-ish).

But that's not relevant to anything we've been saying here.

"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #850: May 10, 2012, 04:01:47 PM »
None of that is new to me (though I'm sure it is to many players; dunno why you posted it here, I was under the impression it was fairly secret-ish).

But that's not relevant to anything we've been saying here.

Um...beg pardon?

How is it not relevant? It sounds to me like he just explained at least 3/4 of the reasons behind all the things people have been saying there was no reason for aside from spite.

Good flipping grief, Vellos, what more do you want?
Timothy Collett

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #851: May 10, 2012, 04:04:12 PM »
Um...beg pardon?

How is it not relevant? It sounds to me like he just explained at least 3/4 of the reasons behind all the things people have been saying there was no reason for aside from spite.

Good flipping grief, Vellos, what more do you want?

LOL

Maybe Vellos is afraid that the reward that She asks for is the total destruction of the moot......?

Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #852: May 10, 2012, 04:05:16 PM »
LOL

Maybe Vellos is afraid that the reward that She asks for is the total destruction of the moot......?

Though politicly that would be a dumb thing to ask for. lol
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #853: May 10, 2012, 04:14:22 PM »
Good thing Allison is bat!@#$ !@#$ing crazy, eh!

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #854: May 10, 2012, 04:16:36 PM »
Good thing Allison is bat!@#$ !@#$ing crazy, eh!

Ya, she just may be crazy enough to ask for just that..... lol