Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 237053 times)

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #855: May 10, 2012, 04:20:11 PM »
personally I would ask that the Zuma goto war with Asylon and Barca so we could get that one on one war that she wanted. But only time will tell.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Brant

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #856: May 10, 2012, 04:28:55 PM »
She gets any wish at all?

The bloodstars will get a schism.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #857: May 10, 2012, 04:30:22 PM »
She gets any wish at all?

The bloodstars will get a schism.

That is what the Zuma said.

But I doubt she will do that. She is crazy, but I hope not that crazy.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858: May 10, 2012, 06:04:00 PM »
I don't think that a schism is what Allison would want right now. And how the Zuma would cause that to happen is beyond me...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #859: May 10, 2012, 06:34:25 PM »
Im talking about it openly now because when I told glaumring ooc on fhe forum he told asylon IC and now nobles are contacting me IG about it to allison.  So everyone might as well know...
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #860: May 10, 2012, 06:52:50 PM »
Anyone else see the contradictions in that post?

why? I had two Zuman ambassadors, it wasnt until a shOrt time ago I could afford to spare them in Zuma lands all the time. Asylon had like 13 nobles until very recently. Allison is a priestess, she isnt involved in combat, no monsters attacking Kabrinskia like Asylon back in the day. Kabrinskia has had it easy.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #861: May 10, 2012, 06:53:52 PM »
My thing is that like the one major point of emphasis we have received over and over from the Zuma is how humans mean nothing to them and how they care so little for our ways and how we are basically like little ants to them, etc. etc.

And now they are involved in major political wheeling and dealing with humans in order to get... a shield?

Why don't they just !@#$ing take it from you?

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #862: May 10, 2012, 06:54:35 PM »
Im talking about it openly now because when I told glaumring ooc on fhe forum he told asylon IC and now nobles are contacting me IG about it to allison.  So everyone might as well know...

Yeah I talked to my council and a few things here and there. Its not a big deal the news would come out soon anyways.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #863: May 10, 2012, 06:55:44 PM »
And now they are involved in major political wheeling and dealing with humans in order to get... a shield?

Why don't they just !@#$ing take it from you?

Mechanically, that's very difficult.

Not completely impossible, but there's no certain way to do so.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #864: May 10, 2012, 07:01:39 PM »
Mechanically, that's very difficult.

Not completely impossible, but there's no certain way to do so.

Still, it just strikes me odd that the Zuma, who invaded Terran on a whim because they were so offended that someone in the 'Moot could have written a letter that disrespected them, would upon discovering some human has their sacred item that they want so badly would not just say "WTF we're gonna ROFLSTOMP you."

So, catchign wind of someone calling the Zuma animals in a random letter is enough to evoke immediate daimon invasion, but possessing their sacred and much desired artifact is not?

Whateverrrrrrr...
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #865: May 10, 2012, 07:03:48 PM »
Still, it just strikes me odd that the Zuma, who invaded Terran on a whim because they were so offended that someone in the 'Moot could have written a letter that disrespected them, would upon discovering some human has their sacred item that they want so badly would not just say "WTF we're gonna ROFLSTOMP you."

So, catchign wind of someone calling the Zuma animals in a random letter is enough to evoke immediate daimon invasion, but possessing their sacred and much desired artifact is not?

Whateverrrrrrr...

why goto war over an item that is being given you them.... Why waist their resources?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #866: May 10, 2012, 07:06:22 PM »

Whateverrrrrrr...

A few things:

• They didn't know Brom had the Aegis until he used it in battle. Until then, it was totally invisible to them.
  • At that time, I believe he was still in Luria. Not the kind of place the Zuma can just charge straight into without a second thought.
  • Possession of such an artifact does not necessarily constitute theft. Possession with no intent to return it does. The forged letter not only called the Zuma animals, but, as I recall, questioned whether they should be feared, and suggested destroying them. That's...a lot worse than just happening to have the Aegis.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zuma GM

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #867: May 10, 2012, 07:59:13 PM »
No. Our original declaration was that we would not invade unless we were invaded.

I'm not lying. I'm telling the truth.

I asked why Haktoo is defending Kabrinskia. The answer I got is that Haktoo is defending Kabrinskia. That's not an explanation.

You asked why Fang Fang was in Demyansk, you were told why, and it was more than just "we're defending Kabrinskia" so again I ask you to stop lying. I take it you accept you were lying about the unannounced part as you chose not to try to spin that into anything else in your response.
If you are speculating, then please, all I'm asking is to make that clear in your postings rather than stating things as if they are fact which will influence other people's opinions who have not had any direct involvement.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #868: May 10, 2012, 08:02:30 PM »

Whateverrrrrrr...

They DID try to just invade immediately. I had told the Zuma I wanted to give them the shield but that Barca was preventing me from doing so. That's when Barca was informed that they were about to get a visit from a daimon invasion force.

However, in order to protect Barca from that, and because Allison would have a much better use for the shield and on much better terms I turned it over to her, based upon the terms set forth here. Pretty good deal on both ends as far as I can tell. Especially since it seems Barca's ruler hasn't told ANYONE in the Moot what was really going on.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Zuma GM

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #869: May 10, 2012, 08:07:55 PM »
If you ask me, the Zuma GM is tired of our whining OOC, and he's just looking for any excuse to bash on us IC.

I am tired of your OOC whining yes as most of it is made without any effort being made in game to find out what's going on, and some of the things that do happen in game are demanding me to explain everything in complete intricate detail and that's just not going to happen as others do put time and effort into things and that is why events turn out as they do. As I have said many times, everything the Zuma has done has been done because of player interaction and that will continue to be the case.
As for saying any excuse to bash on you IC, when exactly, was the last time the Zuma actually did anything offensive against any of you that have been OOC whining? And, what was there an in game event that caused this? (yes is the answer to that last question by the way) Are the Zuma currently attacking some realms and no one has bothered to tell those running them? Just take a step back and try to look at things in a less biased way and you might realise how ridiculous most of what you say is.