Author Topic: Looking for realm  (Read 9088 times)

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Looking for realm
« Topic Start: April 04, 2012, 10:37:58 PM »
I'm looking to create a new char in the Far East- I've had a couple here before (which I later emigrated for various reasons) and from what I gathered it looks pretty good. However I still need to choose a realm, and I want to ask a couple of questions before making a choice.

Which realms are active at the moment? And by active I mean as in some messages/convo within the realm apart from just orders.

Also are there any realms with ongoing internal conflict? IMO that is usually far more interesting to participate and choose a side in than many wars between realms.

Anyway, I would appreciate the advice  :)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for realm
« Reply #1: April 04, 2012, 11:48:44 PM »
You could join Toupellon and have fun with the Sartanian/Adgharhinist religious infighting.

Oh, and we're currently curb-stomping OW, too!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: April 05, 2012, 12:02:14 AM »
You could join Toupellon and have fun with the Sartanian/Adgharhinist religious infighting.

Yep. We have an incompetent general who just shoved our entire army into Toupellon's mouth. Now we are going to replace him. I just hope Toupellon won't destroy us.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 05, 2012, 01:16:29 AM »
Threw it at us in three waves, no less.

Has your ruler told you Toupellon's terms?

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: April 05, 2012, 01:18:51 AM »
Nope. Wait what you guys offered terms? lol

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 05, 2012, 01:23:59 AM »
We offered terms before the war even started. :)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 05, 2012, 01:30:36 AM »
To be fair, that's probably as much poor movement as poor general.

Arcaea's normally pretty active. Some messages in realm, more in the various message groups. Just finished a very long war, although I doubt we'll be at peace for long. We rarely are.

Broose

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 05, 2012, 01:36:20 AM »
Yep. We have an incompetent general who just shoved our entire army into Toupellon's mouth. Now we are going to replace him. I just hope Toupellon won't destroy us.
OW won't get destroyed unless they let it go on that long. But if nobody besides the leaders actually know about the terms we offered...

egamma

« Reply #8: April 05, 2012, 04:17:08 AM »
To be fair, that's probably as much poor movement as poor general.

Arcaea's normally pretty active. Some messages in realm, more in the various message groups. Just finished a very long war, although I doubt we'll be at peace for long. We rarely are.

Also, Arcaea will start a colony on the Dark Isle before long.

Zakilevo

« Reply #9: April 05, 2012, 05:31:46 AM »
OW won't get destroyed unless they let it go on that long. But if nobody besides the leaders actually know about the terms we offered...

Damn it. Didn't know Toupellon want our duke out. Doubt he will follow that. Guess we have to exile his ass.

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 05, 2012, 09:00:51 AM »
Things seem to have woken up in Zonasa . . . hopefully they will stay that way.  We're trying one of our dukes for treason, which makes for a very interesting situation in the realm, and there are some definite political factions to get involved with.  Fairly likely to have a war soon, as well, though it's not yet certain.

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 05, 2012, 08:26:09 PM »

That sounds pretty good; which duchies are Adgharian and which ones Sartanian? (just so I know where I am starting up)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 05, 2012, 08:34:16 PM »
There are no Adgharhinist duchies. There are several Adgharhinist characters, and one region lord. Ozrat and Ossaet have Sartanian dukes. Topenah, Taop, Anacan, and Colasan are all MAE. Akanos' duke (that would be my character) is not a member of any established religion.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 12, 2012, 01:09:23 AM »
Ohnar West realizes we can't defeat your army in the field and are waiting for ample opportunity to strike. I offered to step down and cease the war, but OW doesn't want to be pushed around by foreign powers. It makes for a good war, though, if people would look beyond the supposed "greed" of my character.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 12, 2012, 01:13:05 AM »
Well, Indirik's pitch convinced me to go for Toupellion.

Unfortunately the game bugged and decided the Akanos Duchy was in Ohnar West, so I'm deleting and gonna re-create. Hopefully Toupellion will be as good as it sounds :)