Author Topic: Immigration still working on testing?  (Read 5123 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Immigration still working on testing?
« Topic Start: April 06, 2012, 09:54:59 AM »
Twainville   2006/13900
Twainwood 3576/5900

Twainwood surrounds Twainville, and yet I have not seen one single migrant.

Am I calling foul a bit too early? Maybe...but I am getting very tired of watching the city grow by 18 people per day! So I am am wondering: is migration still active? I remember the threshold for peasants to start moving out is about 50%...

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Immigration still working on testing?
« Reply #1: April 06, 2012, 10:26:37 AM »
Still working on Beluaterra. People are leaving my poor city that is being taken over by Daimons :(

egamma

« Reply #2: April 06, 2012, 02:00:03 PM »
In D'Hara Qubel Lighthouse has pretty much stopped growing at 75% population, it's feeding everyone into Sallowtown now. So keep an eye on it, you'll be the one to discover at what % the population starts moving!

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #3: April 06, 2012, 06:13:13 PM »
Migration is always active, it's just your set of regions may not satisfy the criteria.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 06, 2012, 06:39:13 PM »
Twainville   2006/13900
Twainwood 3576/5900

Twainwood surrounds Twainville, and yet I have not seen one single migrant.

Am I calling foul a bit too early? Maybe...but I am getting very tired of watching the city grow by 18 people per day! So I am am wondering: is migration still active? I remember the threshold for peasants to start moving out is about 50%...
I believe you need to make other stats (Not production) highish too so that the peasants actually want to go there.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 06, 2012, 06:44:09 PM »
I believe you need to make other stats (Not production) highish too so that the peasants actually want to go there.

Peasants from Twainwood are likely emigrating to other of its bordering regions, seemingly more interesting for them than Twainville.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 06, 2012, 07:20:06 PM »

Peasants from Twainwood are likely emigrating to other of its bordering regions, seemingly more interesting for them than Twainville.

Sadly, it is none of the above. If they were going anywhere, it would be into Twainville (lowest population percentage of total possible population, perfect stats).

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 13, 2012, 01:47:10 AM »
They dont just migrate to the area with lost population. Its more complicated than that.

egamma

« Reply #8: April 16, 2012, 06:53:52 PM »
They dont just migrate to the area with lost population. Its more complicated than that.

Correct. battles/monsters/undead make them stay away for several days.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 16, 2012, 09:08:34 PM »
Correct. battles/monsters/undead make them stay away for several days.

Which would be pertinent, if any of those things had actually occurred.

Masochist

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 16, 2012, 09:28:48 PM »
Though what is pertinent is Twainsville's plodding productivity (due to low population)

Is the system only checking current productivity (16% I think...plodding) or the productivity relative to population (IE I think given the population limit its working near 100% and only limited by population leaving it at overall 16%).

If it is just taking the straight overall productivity value then Twainville is looking BAD especially since the Twainwood region is at "Good" productivity.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 09:30:41 PM by Masochist »
Family Sion of Twainville

May my enemies live long so they can watch me progress.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 16, 2012, 09:35:47 PM »
Hm, thats an interesting question. Can anyone solve this riddle for us? I don't see why it should have changed, but one never knows.

Edit: Twainwood is still at only 62% population approx, so that might still be the limiting factor.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 09:39:47 PM by Bael »

Masochist

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 16, 2012, 09:42:58 PM »
62% is still relatively high against Twainville's.

Aside from that, realistically regions around cities are support regions which support cities. I would think that in Twainwood people would see a plethora of open jobs as well as people in the city not buying the goods of Twainwood causing them to move at least to some degree...

That said I dont think the behind the scenes economy calculates such factors.

egamma

« Reply #13: April 16, 2012, 10:19:20 PM »
Productivity is not the cause. If the region's population is at 16%, then production will be at 16% or less--don't confuse it with employment rate.

Masochist

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 16, 2012, 10:29:28 PM »
I was simply basing what I am saying on the premise that the the productivity of a region influences its migration rates on top of the fact that productivity can be limited by population.

If productivity is limited by population then one could safely assume that there is room for jobs by simply showing up and being able to put the unused resources of the region (the other 84% of the productivity) to use.