Author Topic: RolePlays  (Read 1914 times)

Munro

• Knight
    • View Profile
RolePlays
« Topic Start: March 19, 2011, 05:34:54 PM »
When you send a Roleplay, it tells the recipient who it is from (obviously a good idea).

However, at the end, it also signs the Roleplay in the same way as letters and reports are signed with your title etc. Yet this can actually take away from the RP.

If the RP is about a messenger talking to another noble, then why should it be signed with my name and position? If I don't want my character to be associated with the RP at all (for IC reasons) then this can confuse the situation when it is signed as though it is a letter.

I'd like to see the top 'header' so to speak of who it is from kept, but the bottom 'footer' of who it is from removed.

Perhaps I am just using RP's in ways they are not meant to be? But for example, as a player, I RP my characters interaction with adventurers through a messenger, the messenger is not of noble blood and so is fine to interact with freemen, whereas my character would not be caught dead doing business with a freeman. Yet this RP is signed with my characters name and position and I believe it would be better to be left blank.

I apologise if I've not explained this very well...

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: RolePlays
« Reply #1: March 19, 2011, 06:18:44 PM »
This is actually something we considered at one point, and I believe Tom approved it.  Not sure why it never got implemented...probably just slipped through the cracks.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan