Author Topic: regarding infiltrators  (Read 9541 times)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: regarding infiltrators
« Reply #15: March 14, 2011, 11:11:43 AM »
I got a question regarding the infiltrator actions. Do all infil actions share the same chance of being caught or some got a higher chance than others. As an example: Messing with road signs got the same chance of getting caught as murdering militia?

What do you think? :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #16: March 14, 2011, 12:05:13 PM »
What do you think? :)

Well logically it is easier to mess with the signs than trying to stab someone. But in game I do not know that's why I ask :)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #17: March 14, 2011, 12:25:59 PM »
Well logically it is easier to mess with the signs than trying to stab someone. But in game I do not know that's why I ask :)

And you are right. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: March 17, 2011, 02:56:41 PM »
Infiltrator like any character that gets caught can be executed by a judje,so he should at least be allowed to kill his target.It makes no sence to take such risks just for the sake of wounding another character.
As for adventurers they should be very hard to capture and must first be discovered.Like a search for adventurer comand or something.You lose 8 hours and may not even find the adventurer.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: March 17, 2011, 03:04:41 PM »
Infiltrators can only be executed if they have been previously banned by the realm that has caught them. This generally requires that they be captured twice by the same realm. And they can always emigrate to escape their bans.

It is usually pretty rare for realms to execute random infiltrators. You usually need to /really/ piss off a realm before they start executing infiltrators.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #20: March 17, 2011, 03:18:54 PM »
Infiltrator like any character that gets caught can be executed by a judje,so he should at least be allowed to kill his target.It makes no sence to take such risks just for the sake of wounding another character.
As for adventurers they should be very hard to capture and must first be discovered.Like a search for adventurer comand or something.You lose 8 hours and may not even find the adventurer.

Remember, infiltrators have many, many targets, while to retaliate there is only one infiltrator.  Thus it is sensible that the risk for the ability to attack many others is higher than the damage dealt to each individual noble.  As Rob mentioned above, infiltrators don't even get the option to be executed unless they get caught twice by the same realm.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: March 17, 2011, 11:52:36 PM »
If you don't think wounding a general, marshal or ruler is worth the effort you are playing a different game. Knocking out the best tactician in the realm for a few days can be priceless in a war. Ensuring the enemies best army is unable to use marshal settings, likewise can be a game changer. Stabbing the noble that leads that large TO unit, might just give your realm time to reform and boot them out. Wounding is of great strategic value. The risk of execution offsets the fact that infiltrators can make such a huge difference as a single character.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: March 20, 2011, 05:29:36 PM »
I know that when wounded you are completly and unable to do anything.Now with th new wounding system even  saw a player delete his character because it took too ridiculasly long to heal.
Still the word assasinate doesn't quite fit the situation.