Author Topic: Secret World  (Read 2935 times)

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Secret World
« Topic Start: July 18, 2012, 05:59:35 PM »
Anyone else playing this? I have found this a refreshing game if you like Lovecraftian atmosphere, conspiracies or just killing zombies. If you like doing quests in a MMORPG, this one  has very good story driven and atmospheric quests that by far beats anything I've seen in a similar game before.

Basicly you play an agent for one of three conspiracies the Templars, the Illuminati or the asian flavoured the Dragon.

It sort of ate up my entire vacation without me planning to...
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

Zakilevo

Re: Secret World
« Reply #1: July 18, 2012, 07:25:51 PM »
Anyone else playing this? I have found this a refreshing game if you like Lovecraftian atmosphere, conspiracies or just killing zombies. If you like doing quests in a MMORPG, this one  has very good story driven and atmospheric quests that by far beats anything I've seen in a similar game before.

Basicly you play an agent for one of three conspiracies the Templars, the Illuminati or the asian flavoured the Dragon.

It sort of ate up my entire vacation without me planning to...

MMO with guns :o this is the game without classes right?

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 18, 2012, 07:52:49 PM »
a review says... you see a load of identical looking players.. XD
firefox

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 18, 2012, 11:42:32 PM »
Yes IMO they could have distanced themselves more from the classical MMO combat archetypes of tank, healer and DPS when they took the trouble to get rid of classes. There are lots of options in how you make the character though.

I group extremely little though and am mostly playing for the single player quests and storyline. They have a particular type of investigation quests which includes as diverse things as researching things on the internet  cracking morse code or logical puzzles.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 19, 2012, 12:11:06 AM »
i think the review is saying... literally identical skin.. or lack of customisation (unless you play/lvl a bit or pay)

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2012/07/17/secret-world-the-clothes-make-the-toon/#more-16670
firefox

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 19, 2012, 07:39:51 AM »
I don't agree with that. You can wear a faction uniform true, but not many people do and you can buy a variety of clothing. I usually recognise people at a distance if I know them though.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 19, 2012, 12:22:05 PM »
I had fun in the Beta Weekend with this one and found it refreshing as well, pretty interesting and I liked the quests. Quests like sneaking into a base or using the hints to figure out a password to someone's computer are quite a nice change from 'kill x of this mob'. If it ever goes free-to-play, I'll probably pick it up. It seemed like a good game, but not worth a subscription fee to me.

Go Illuminati!