Author Topic: [Forum Game] World in Revolution 1861, Sign-up Thread  (Read 123431 times)

Jacob L

• Freeman
    • View Profile
They don't have to do it to help Persia.  Unless they want Russia moving in near their turf.   :o

Warm water port Russians is much stronger Russians.
Spain in WiR 1861

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
*cough* well.. the Swiss civil war was a little bit different than the american civil war. Total casualties are estimated at about 100. That's one hundred, not one hundred thousand. :-)

Yes, and they were still alive after it! The Sonderbund saw 180'000 men fighting (or at least maneuvering). The american army was actually disbanded after the revolution, and had only 36'000 soldiers at the end of the war of 1812 (15'000 had died during the war).

Even then: Rifles > Swords and Bows...

Your claims that warfare in Europe in 1848 was done with bows and arrows is extraordinary enough that I must ask for some kind of reference.....
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Don't underestimate ninjas...
Yeah, you better watch out for all those Swiss Ninjas. ::)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
The american army was actually disbanded after the revolution, and had only 36'000 soldiers at the end of the war of 1812 (15'000 had died during the war).

Indeed, two of the huge early issues about the extent of Federal authority in the US were: should we have a standing army, and should we have a central bank. Both were hotly debated, and the answer to both was either some variant of "no" or a compromise until much later: 1913 for the central bank, 1947 for the army (though implicitly since the 1840's).
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Your claims that warfare in Europe in 1848 was done with bows and arrows is extraordinary enough that I must ask for some kind of reference.....

In Japan, not in Europe. Samurais.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Keldonia

• Freeman
  • KeldoniaSkylar
    • View Profile
Once again I encourage everyone to make the trip over to the IRC channel #WiR_Battlemaster_1861 at coldfront.net

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
why have the channel on yet another network? The BattleMaster IRC channel is on quakenet, so that's where most BMers hang out.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
why have the channel on yet another network? The BattleMaster IRC channel is on quakenet, so that's where most BMers hang out.

This is true.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Update is forthcoming.

Was coming tonight, however my best bud showed up with a couple sixers of New Belgium. Needless to say, the update the will come tomorrow. Sorry for the slight delay.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
So, I am finished with the update. But am going to bed.

I will post it tomorrow along with fancy photos to go along with it and make it look nice. Plus I need to update the map to put out at the same time. (dun dun dun!)

It's coming, I promise.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
It's coming, I promise.

Nooooo!

Hurry  :D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile

I will post it tomorrow along with fancy photos to go along with it and make it look nice. Plus I need to update the map to put out at the same time. (dun dun dun!)

It's coming, I promise.

My guess: Someone tried to event nuclear weapons, and he's trying to figure out how best to make that country just explode.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Excellent update Perth. Very nicely done narration. It was worth the wait. :)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Indeed. :D
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Agreed, very well done. Things didn't go fully as planned, but hey. Wouldn't be fun if it was easy.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."