Author Topic: [Forum Game] World in Revolution 1861, Sign-up Thread  (Read 123481 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
I have a question on the turn reports we got:

"[+2 Large Ships under construction for Brazil ready in 4 turns, +1 Industry in 3 turns, (1/5) For New Infrastructure in 4 turns] "

Do I have to keep doing the same orders for the next four turns to get my ships? Or is the one turn's expenditure enough to finish them, and I don't have to keep ordering their build every turn? Are we assumed to have enough infrastructure to build more? What are our limits? Do we have to specify the types of ships we are building? I specified ironclads, but the reports just says "large ship". An ocean going battleship is a hell of a lot different than an ironclad river boat. If we're abstracting everything down to "large ship/small ship", that's fine with me. I just need to know.

Same for the industry. Will it just go up in three turns without further expenditure? Can I continue to build more before that is done?

What does "(1/5) For New Infrastructure in 4 turns" mean? Is that a 1/5 chance that it will go up? Or do I have to keep building for four more turns in order to complete it?

Can we specifically order research to increase our weapons technology, or technology level in general?

How did my "Bank" hit -290? I have no clue what any of this stuff costs... I don't remember what I had before... 50, I think. So I spent 340 bank on something?  Did I really just spend almost two years worth of GDP in the first turn?!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.