Author Topic: [Forum Game] World in Revolution 1861, Sign-up Thread  (Read 121559 times)

Jacob L

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Nice. I didn't see that.

How do they use over there to determine when you get to move up?
A bit of historical knowledge and just using orders to expand it, open naval academy for behind nations, trading for technology, could probably loot a bit if the right nations fought etc.  No one could issue an order to develop modern carriers atm but someone behind could issue an order to pay X money towards developing ironclads.  If you feel they paid too little then for sure it fails, a huge amount and for sure it succeeds, a fair amount and toss a coin or roll a dice.  If they fail but paid some towards it, next time it is that much easier to reach.
Spain in WiR 1861

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
So, can we send forum private messages for secret dealings between countries?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
So, can we send forum private messages for secret dealings between countries?

Sure.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
A bit of historical knowledge and just using orders to expand it, open naval academy for behind nations, trading for technology, could probably loot a bit if the right nations fought etc.  No one could issue an order to develop modern carriers atm but someone behind could issue an order to pay X money towards developing ironclads.  If you feel they paid too little then for sure it fails, a huge amount and for sure it succeeds, a fair amount and toss a coin or roll a dice.  If they fail but paid some towards it, next time it is that much easier to reach.

Cool, we might be able to do that then.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
By the way, the Paradoxians use the irc.coldfront.net server, and their channel for this game is #WiR_BattleMaster_1861
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Duke of Britain

• Knight
    • View Profile
OOC : Btw Perth, how are trade agreements working? Are you adding direcly to the income?

EDIT : Also, can anyone confirm if Italy had slavery at the time?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 04:38:32 AM by Duke of Britain »

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
OOC : Btw Perth, how are trade agreements working? Are you adding direcly to the income?

For now, yes. Trade agreements should bump your income a little bit.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
What all can be accomplished in one "order?" Can multiple treaties be signed in a single order, or would those require separate orders?

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
What all can be accomplished in one "order?" Can multiple treaties be signed in a single order, or would those require separate orders?

Hmm... I would say one TREATY per order. If are signing it with multiple nations (for instance a multinational alliance) I think that should be fine. But not multiple treaties in one order, I don't think. Does that sound fair?

Duke of Britain

• Knight
    • View Profile
Yes, on the original WiR it was one treaty per order...
It is very fair and better than treaty-spam on one turn.

However, things like a conference of Africa are of course a unique treaty and only require one order, where treaty agreements each will use up one order and are impossible to include more than two countries (no economic blocs at this time)

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
hmm, weird I can't view the maps? anyone able to help me out?

Duke of Britain

• Knight
    • View Profile
I can view it just fine...
try this :
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/3575/map1861.jpg

If you still can't, i might try reuploading it

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Its telling me the domain is unregistered :/

Duke of Britain