Author Topic: [Forum Game] World in Revolution 1861, Sign-up Thread  (Read 121601 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
I have gone back and forth on releasing the hard numbers for how much stuff costs, and I do see why it seems fair to let you know them. However, I also worry about people figuring out how best to game the formulas and increase their income fairly rapidly (which would be fairly easy to do). This would only give the rich nations an even greater advantage than they already had.

I say: Give numbers for specific questions. If we want to build the Gothard Tunnel, for example (actual construction started 1871) it would be ok to give us an estimate of the costs in money units, with the usual caveat that actual costs may be higher. Or if I want to recruit 10,000 soldiers, I would have a fairly good idea of what it'll cost me, so I should be able to ask Perth.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
I say: Give numbers for specific questions. If we want to build the Gothard Tunnel, for example (actual construction started 1871) it would be ok to give us an estimate of the costs in money units, with the usual caveat that actual costs may be higher. Or if I want to recruit 10,000 soldiers, I would have a fairly good idea of what it'll cost me, so I should be able to ask Perth.

Just roll a dice to determine how accurate the cost prevision is. There can always be unexpected circumstances, or disasters, that make things more expensive (or even cheaper).
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
The Update will not come this weekend.

Likely, it will come mid-week next week. (Wednesday or Thursday)

I'll be finishing up a large term paper this weekend.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
The Update will not come this weekend.

Likely, it will come mid-week next week. (Wednesday or Thursday)

I'll be finishing up a large term paper this weekend.

When shall orders be due next turn?

This turn ought to be interesting...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 04:59:12 PM by Lefanis »
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
When shall orders be due next turn?

This turn ought to be interesting...

Not sure. I'm much busier this week than I expected and next week is final exams week.

After next week though, I am much less busy.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Duke of Britain

• Knight
    • View Profile
So...when is the update coming?

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
So...when is the update coming?

I know I said this last week, but I should be able to do it midweek this coming week.

I'm officially done with this semester of school after Tuesday, so my free time opens up. A lot.

Duke of Britain

• Knight
    • View Profile
May i suggest a section on the first post of the game thread where we would have links to every update, mini-update and stats updates?

On the other WiR we have something similar and it is VERY useful, if you plan on doing this here it is better to do it while we haven't had a big number of updates already.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Ok, update forthcoming!

If you have not sent me orders for July - September 1861, please do so!

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Ok, update forthcoming!

Hurrah! :D
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Keldonia

• Freeman
  • KeldoniaSkylar
    • View Profile
Sounds cool!

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Ok, update forthcoming!

Hehehehehe... This should be good. Burn [insert name of country invaded by Russia here]!
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I believe I am still missing orders from:

Frymonmon (CSA)

and

Sacha (Belgium)

Duke of Britain

• Knight
    • View Profile
For Frymonmon, somenoe from Paradox will probably remind him about that when he gets online...hopefully it will be soon

Spectre17

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Perth I'd say just write the update and post it and if people send in orders later edit them into the update. Also you should probably give us a deadline for orders at the end of each update for the next one.