Author Topic: Clan in Fontan and Aurvandil  (Read 55559 times)

Blint

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Clan in Fontan and Aurvandil
« Topic Start: April 09, 2012, 02:14:09 PM »
I too do not see what the issue is. It seems to me that Aurvandil has been deemed a clan because it is a fairly new realm to Dwilight and was declared an enemy of Madina, they went to war and Madina is losing badly.

It has been said that their military works like clock-work with almost no in game communication. That is untrue in my opinion, For weeks before we went to war those in the higher up positions of the military were asking those that reported to them for constant updates on unit sizes and strengths, training cohesion, Mobile CS numbers, the whole nine yards. That gave our military leaders an idea of how we were put together as an army so that when the time came to move out against our enemy (i.e Madina) they did not have to give direct and specific orders all the time. Not everyone can log in all the time at every turn change and that is just a fact of life, but the fact that Aurvandil was so well put together and communicated before going to war IN-GAME and IN-CHARACTER. Our leaders and military personal could give orders a turn or two in advance so that most people would be where they needed to be when they needed to be there.

I also think it is highly dishonest and frankly pathetic that players in Madina have grown so fussy and upset that their realm is being taken apart piece by piece by a stronger and more functional realm that they claim a completely untrue and inaccurate "OOC Cheating" claim and take an In game conflict to the forums. Not everyone is on the forums and so not everyone will be able to see and reply to these claims and accusations but I feel as though it is unfair to those that win a war that they should be deemed as cheaters simply for winning the war.

There has been some claims that we are hoarding gold from other continents, I have not partaken in that I earn an income as a knight of Candiels and it is more than enough to keep a rather large sized unit afloat for a few weeks before the next tax day comes in. We share our wealth if a player needs gold for their character they ask In character and we as a realm help them in character. We are brothers and sisters in character as friends should be when playing a game, you have allies and you help those allies. If someone needs gold and I have extra gold that I wont need to keep my unit alive then sure I will send them some bonds to help them out. Does that mean i sit on my other characters and hoard gold to send to my family so that my character in Aurvandil can hand out gold to other players? No. In fact my other characters are much poorer than my character in Aurvandil. I do not have a high family wealth as I have not been playing this game for more than a few years.

It seems to me that those that play this game well and with others have a more enjoyable time than those that sit back and claim those playing the game with friends are cheating. Why should we be forced to endure this trial by forum when all we have done is play the game in character as it is meant to be played, why should we be forced to suffer these punishments and consequences when nothing has been substantiated. It seems to me that as soon as someone claims a clan exists there is little to no investigation and immediately judgement and punishment are bestowed.

Lastly I would like to rebute the "these are the same guys that played in Thulsoma" I played in Thulsoma, I joined the realm because I had a friend in that realm that I met in a different realm on a different continent. I wanted to make a new character and he sent me an OOC message that said, "Hey we have fun roleplaying together and a good time playing together I am in Thulsoma on Dwilight if you want to join us, if not thats fine to. Just thought I would mention it."
So i decided to send my new character to Thusloma to play with a friend of mine. Was I given anything special? No. I had to work for everything I gained there. I wanted my character to be judge so I had to endure months of campaigning and trying to gather loyal supporters to vote for me. I had to spend months serving as a knight before I was even considered for a lordship. I was unaware of any cheating that went on in the hierarchy of that realm.

I joined Aurvanidl because my character in Thulsoma was executed for treason. I made a new character and sent him to Dwilight because I enjoyed the serious mid-evil atmosphere. I decided however to send him to the south of the continent because the north was overrun by the realms that destroyed Thulsoma. I wanted nothing to do with that and it seems that as soon as a realm starts winning on Dwilight they are claimed to be cheating in some way or another. Aurvandil is not cheating.

Aurvandil is not a clan, it has never been a clan and it never will be a clan.
A good chess player plays 3 moves ahead, A great chess player plays 1 move ahead, but it's always the right move.