Author Topic: Clan in Fontan and Aurvandil  (Read 55544 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Clan in Fontan and Aurvandil
« Topic Start: April 09, 2012, 02:39:17 PM »
What unusually efficient economy?

We just don't waste our gold, and we hand out what gold we have, it is that simple. That, and we maximise estate efficiency in every region we have , and supplement anyone who doesn't have enough gold, like Silent Wrath said, with treasury from the crown. I've already explained the Aurvandilan economic principle in full to Tom and he didn't seem to see anything wrong with it, it's genuinely a case of not wasting money, having the occasional investment and being generous with your treasury. Every realm can do it, it's not rocket science, it just takes a bit more time and micromanagement.

I didn't mean to imply that there was cheating. It's simply a fact that if you look at Aurvandil's performance, it's a major outlier. I'm sure everything is handled through existing game mechanics, however your average realm (even your above-average realm) would be very hard pressed to reach the kind of numbers and averages observed in Aurvandil. Incidentally, that is why this group of players keeps getting singled out. From Thulsoma through Averoth to Aurvandil and Fontan, the realms that are populated by these families enjoy eyebrow-raising levels of coordination and economic efficiency that are simply beyond the grasp of most realms in the game, if not all of them. This is why suspicion and accusations tend to follow them wherever they go. There is all sorts of evidence that the realm, as a whole, is min-maxing, which is really just another word for power gaming even if it's all comfortably within the designed mechanics of the game.