Author Topic: Clan in Fontan and Aurvandil  (Read 55747 times)

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
Re: Clan in Fontan and Aurvandil
« Topic Start: April 09, 2012, 04:57:11 PM »
So then what you are looking for is examples of how it is effecting the game as a whole.  more specifically how it is effecting Fontan and its politics and game play?

Let me use the election of Greatbridge as an example:

The two that ran for the position were myself (Sasha) and Sangah.  I announced that I was running and gave a short speech of my qualifications an my desire to run for the position. Sangah simply put her name on the ballot and would not debate publicly or privately.  counting on her "friends" or "clans " votes entirely to win the election.  Fontan is a democracy that thrives on open debate.  I do not mind losing a fair election, It is part of the game. But when a clan simply chooses who will win behind closed doors and there is no debate or open challenge it is suspicious to say the least.

the fact that she won is not my complaint, it how it was done.

Is that the sort of thing that the magistrates are looking for?

I can give other examples of the same as well, but this one is still fresh in my memory.

Like the General refusing (until toms letter to the realm) to use fontans established military council and sending out orders directly to the realm instead of letting the marshals do their job in relaying those orders. keeping our military command in the dark as to our objectives.

Like clan members that seem to get separate orders to loot and plunder while everyone else is expected to follow the orders of the general over those of their marshals. and when a marshal tried to exert his authority, he was threatened with treason. by our previous Judge (also a clanner). and now that we have a new judge and that judge issued a fine for not following the orders of their marshal and their Liege the previous judge and other clanners stepped up and defended the perpetrator publicly saying that the current Judge had no right to issue that fine. (after all they all supposedly had seperate orders than the rest of the realm but no one in the military council was ever made aware of them before the fine was issued.

Things like that. I could keep going but will stop here for now.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 04:59:26 PM by katayanna »
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused