BattleMaster > Magistrates Case Archive

Clan in Fontan and Aurvandil

<< < (30/30)

Kellaine:

--- Quote from: Draco Tanos on April 14, 2012, 03:11:44 AM ---Your definition of fun must be massively different from mine.  Seeing a realm of four to five regions managing to out CS even Sirion while moving their forces in unison is not fun, especially when the ONLY option to oppose them solo is mass OOC recruiting and communication just like them, is not fun.  As much as people like to claim there is some sort of clan in Westmoor, no one there plays like that.  As a roleplayer and as a BM member, the entire situation makes me sick.

--- End quote ---

Keep in mind that the "clan" in Fontan is only about 16 characters the rest of us play as we always have.  We have always had good movement and high activity. One of the benefits of a democracy, it keeps people active for the most part. the issue is how they are doing it I believe at this piont.  We of course still get stragglers. And as far as being able to field such high CS so quickly, we had a lot of nobles that did not field a unit for a long time and then suddenly Westmoor invaded and they all got units about the same time (not talking about the clanners), I myself had been hording gold for months and had a lot to hand out to those I knew needed it, And my two characters went from being courtiers to being warriors and fielding large units, others that were Infils went to fielding large units as well. Still others that had not been fielding large unit did so about the same time.  Fontan obviously cant keep it up for long unless we take some regions back and a few of Westmoors regions as well that is why we are TOing so much.  Westmoors movement has always been low to medium in comparison. But they are getting much better of late I have noticed. over all it is a relatively fair fight at the moment.

But the "clans" hyper activity did boost us above what we would normally have been able to do on our own, I will not debate that.  But
Fontan has always been a force to be reckoned with unless we are attacked by multiple realms at the same time.  For the most part our strategies have been sound and our movement as stated above has always been good.  Westmoor lit a fire under the majority of our members and they are much more active than normal right now.... How long that will last waits to be seen.

Vellos:
A verdict has been reached, and IG enforcement actions will soon be made. For anyone who desires to cite this case in the future, the final verdict was:

"A dev investigation has revealed evidence of a clan in the form of uncanny gold distribution patterns, a history of one group of players acting in unbroken unity across numerous realms and continents, that same group practicing IG clan-actions such as clan-only armies, collective migration/character creation, and possibly clan-restrictions on title access. Given that these practices constitute a violation of the Social Contract, namely, a commitment to valuing fair play more than victory or power, and to playing Battlemaster as you would a board game with friends, the Magistrates find that there is a clan active related to Aurvandil and Fontan which is substantively diminishing the game experience of Battlemaster for other players. As the specific complaint was raised in regards to players with characters in Aurvandil also having characters in Fontan, only those characters and players shall be directly punished. However, the Magistrates have also found this clan to be active, in varying degrees and in varying ways, historically, in Arcachon, Averoth, and Thulsoma. While all players are welcome to play Battlemaster with friends, we also expect all players to invest in a constructive gaming community: and that means not always playing with the same clan of friends. The Magistrates have thus elected to deport the characters of clan members from some realms in which they are active, especially Fontan. The dev team will handle the deportation, and the specific list of characters to be deported.

The goal of this unusual action is to compel the members of this clan to try playing the game separately, as individuals, rather than as a collective that plays the game primarily as a group. As it is their collectivist approach to conflict and power that creates the violations that we have determined exist, we believe that this is the best option to correct the situation and it is our hope that these players can learn to enjoy the game as it was meant to be."

Magistrates voted 5-1 in favor of a guilty verdict, and 4-2 in favor of deportation as a punishment.

This thread is locked. If you wish to continue debating the issue, it can be done elsewhere. If you have questions for the Magistrates, please take it to the Q&A forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version