Author Topic: Clan in Fontan and Aurvandil  (Read 55837 times)

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
Re: Clan in Fontan and Aurvandil
« Reply #15: April 09, 2012, 05:44:56 PM »
Basically, yes. There is no debate about economic or military efficiency, as Tom has stated. Those issues are "givens" for this case. The debate is if clans are inhibiting gameplay.

Regarding the cases you mentioned, I have a question: so a person was elected without debate over a person who put in some public/private effort. Can you think of no other reason that person was favored? Any differences in military service, time in realm, or whatever? I'm not saying I disbelieve you or not; just trying to get clarity on what you are stating.

Military service could be an issue as Sasha has spent the majority of her time as a courtier and a region Lord. and as best I can tell Sangah has been active in the military though has been unrearkable and silent since she arrived in Fontan. she is not new to fontan and could have won the election on her own merits. so that may not have been the best example after reviewing her time in realm.

Regarding the general's use of the military council and orders; are you saying that some nobles are receiving orders that other nobles (presumably in the same armies?) are not? And, furthermore, how are you claiming those orders are passed? Are they going IC, OOC, or what?
It is not known if they received seperate orders via in game or ooc. All that is known is they do not follow the orders of the army they are in and the order given to the armies have never mentioned that some will have special orders. so I am unable to determine how they received orders or if they did at all.

Because conflicts between generals, marshals, sponsors, and judges are normal and interesting. What you need to demonstrate is that this isn't an RP conflict between IG political powers, but is primarily a conflict stemming from an OOC clan attempting to force other players to play its way, or to exclude other players from its turf, or some similar harm.

I agree that simple conflicts are interesting to watch play out.  But to circumvent the chain of command over all is wrong.  There is a reason that we have Marshals and their authority is effectively gone.  Fontan is losing a sense of itself under these condition.

What I notice is that the Clanners seem to follow order unto themselves alone.  I could of course be wrong in my assessment. I am far from perfect.  Of course I want Fontan to will this war, that goes without saying but that is not my concern here. Losing half the clanners right now would seriously harm Fontans military. I just want Fontan to go back to what it was. A democracy run by the Fontan Assembly. right now It feels like a dictatorship in the guise of democracy. I have been in Fontan for almost 7 years between my current account and the one I had previously.  I hope I have answered your questions properly and as fully as I can at this point.

Mod Note: Removed excessive bold tags.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 11:40:17 PM by ^ban^ »
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused