Author Topic: Clan in Fontan and Aurvandil  (Read 55805 times)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Clan in Fontan and Aurvandil
« Reply #30: April 09, 2012, 09:58:53 PM »
Specifically not the economy as in how much the regions make, but the tax collection and distribution. As someone mentioned, gold gets sent to people who need it. In many cases, it gets send without a request for gold. So how do the people who distribute it around know who needs how much? We haven't found an answer to that question.

All the gold I send, comes with at the request of a noble, and if you can read the messages of Aurvandil, you will be able to verify that, and verify that when needed I go and ask other nobles if they need gold when I see their unit to be understrength. As for anyone else, well as far as I can see requests are made, gold is distributed. If not, it could simply be the case of seeing a noble who appears to need gold, and sending it to them along with a letter asking them to use it on their unit, happens in other realms.

If this is really the best argument anyone can make, then this is faltering accusation of clanning at best. The realm functions entirely in character, Mendicant even makes a point of involving other people, replying to everyone, always sharing his messages and taking the time to write to other nobles. If the realm functions entirely in character, and the clan does not control any power, or hold any influence or have the means to change anything in the realm short of seizing power, then said clan isn't harming the gameplay, it's functioning entirely as you would expect of players who aren't in a clan.

Really, I'm still waiting for some one to make any sort of genuine accusations against Aurvandil, other than "Well you have some nobles from the north" or "You have a strong military" (which we've always had, but it only came into question when we stopped losing battles in Tower Fatmilak, but was in existence for months prior) and I am also waiting for some one to explain why this is a bad thing for the game when everything is done in character, through in character means, for in character reasons, and there is no outward use of clanning to influence that, I'm not even sure what this clan is meant to be at current the standard definition appears to be "nobles from the north", no one has defined who is the clan, what the clan activities are, how it is bad for the game and how they are a clan, this thread is a waste of time until some one does.