Author Topic: Rebel leaders  (Read 6060 times)

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Rebel leaders
« Topic Start: March 06, 2011, 10:05:37 PM »
Can a character with a family member council position lead a rebellion in another realm of the same continent? What happens then?

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Rebel leaders
« Reply #1: March 07, 2011, 11:34:19 AM »
I do remember a few years back that Dead Angel seceded from, I think, Luz de Bia, in Beluaterra to form Caras Galadhon whilst also ruling Avalon. I'm fairly sure he was ruler of both realms for a fair while simultaneously. I'm inclined to think you probably could lead a rebellion and if successful, gain a council position elsewhere. Though it could be you lead the rebellion and simply get passed over. Only one way to find out for certain ;-)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #2: March 07, 2011, 02:31:35 PM »
What I've asked about and always wondered about were these weird situations. For example, what happens if you start a rebellion, then while the rebellion goes on you change to an infiltrator, and you win? Or if you change while an election is running and you win?

But more on the topic, it sounds like trying to poke for a way to get two characters on one continent into council positions.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 02:33:13 PM by Artemesia »

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 07, 2011, 03:13:28 PM »
I'm not trying to get two characters into council positions.  I'm not that hardcore power gamer. It's just that, well, the situation was possible and I wondered about it.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 07, 2011, 03:17:51 PM »
I think (with a big emphasis on think) such things are possible but just exceptions that will be corrected if you run for elections or lose the position. If you secede, your Duke also becomes Ruler, which isn't possible in some Government Structures. 

egamma

« Reply #5: March 07, 2011, 08:05:16 PM »
I agree with the above, it would depend on the government structure--any election of your position would force you out of office.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #6: March 07, 2011, 09:30:39 PM »
Indeed, if you do get kicked out of office by any of a variety of means, there *should* be no way for you to get back.  If there is, it's a bug. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 07, 2011, 10:36:28 PM »
I do remember a few years back that Dead Angel seceded from, I think, Luz de Bia, in Beluaterra to form Caras Galadhon whilst also ruling Avalon. I'm fairly sure he was ruler of both realms for a fair while simultaneously.
Yep. I remember that. Caused a few raised eyebrows. When Distorted stabbed/bought/seceded Eno to form Kingdom of Alluran, he was an infiltrator/ruler/duke. That was back when infiltrators were still invisible. It was kind of funny that the king of the realm was invisible, and we never knew where he was.

There probably are a few edge cases like this that still exist. They would be rare, as evidenced by the fact that we really don't see them very often at all.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 15, 2011, 01:56:29 AM »
I recall this coming up on the D-list.  It's an intended feature that you can become a ruler twice over on a continent through rebellion.  I can't recall about secessions, but I'm willing to bet the same applies.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #9: March 15, 2011, 01:58:51 AM »
Hey that's pretty interesting. So then...one can in fact do diplomacy with oneself.  ;D

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 16, 2011, 01:02:38 AM »
Assuming you can keep your nobles in line in both realms sure.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #11: March 16, 2011, 01:49:15 AM »
Woot, something new to put on my BM bucket list!

Munro

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: March 19, 2011, 02:41:31 PM »
Hey that's pretty interesting. So then...one can in fact do diplomacy with oneself.

Even more amusing if those two characters hate one another. Brothers with a grudge etc. How interesting would that 'family civil war' be? :P