Author Topic: Steward/Rural Knights  (Read 4348 times)

Zakilevo

Steward/Rural Knights
« Topic Start: April 09, 2012, 11:14:52 PM »
I think stewards can be more involved with financial aspect of regions. How about giving them an option to steal gold from tax treasury of their region? This will make lords consider choosing their stewards more carefully. Also, having a steward should have some benefits. If you look at some big realms, the number of lords is almost equal to the number of nobles in the realm. Knights of cities almost always get more gold than rural knights. It is very hard for rural lords to attract knights when they can't provide any other incentive.

Any idea?

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: Steward/Rural Knights
« Reply #1: April 09, 2012, 11:22:35 PM »
Allowing stewards to steal will reduce the number of stewards, not increase it.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: April 09, 2012, 11:36:54 PM »
rejected, plus this should've been under feature requests.

No stealing. Heck, even the lord can't take from the tax treasury, why should the steward?

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: April 09, 2012, 11:56:41 PM »
Uh I didn't submit this under feature request? because I just wanted to discuss?

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 10, 2012, 10:50:08 AM »
I think stewards can be more involved with financial aspect of regions. How about giving them an option to steal gold from tax treasury of their region? This will make lords consider choosing their stewards more carefully. Also, having a steward should have some benefits. If you look at some big realms, the number of lords is almost equal to the number of nobles in the realm. Knights of cities almost always get more gold than rural knights. It is very hard for rural lords to attract knights when they can't provide any other incentive.

Any idea?
Hmm, I believe you are looking for incentive for being a Steward, for rural knights. Currently Steward controlling the food warehouse, not gold tax income.

I used to promote my characters in elections, by saying my characters have experience of being Stewards of this X and Y regions. May Ketchum Steward of Sir Temple, Sirion region at one point in her past. Being Stewards, meaning you are trusted by the Region Lord. How about we make it, that Steward has a greater claim on region vacancy? ;)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 10, 2012, 11:00:32 AM »
food warehouse is his extra gold income (if he manages to sell anything)... trade income is not shared.

theoretically, a lord who can be bothered to trade won't bother with a steward. a lord who can't be bothered, will just let him trade but take a big cut off lord's share.
firefox

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: April 10, 2012, 09:36:44 PM »
How about when a lord position is vacant, the steward of the region takes the income of the lord as well?

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 11, 2012, 08:04:21 PM »
income of the lord... what do you mean by that?

eg.. you have before lord loses position 4 estates in the region:

lord's estate
steward's estate
some knight's estate
wildlands/vacant.

when the lord loses his lordship (eg.. captured..) he retains his estate..

so what does a lord's income mean? lord's cut? wildlands?
it would be extremely silly to let the steward take the lord's cut. vacant/wildlands might just about be justified...

anyway... it would have to be a very lucky steward for the lord not to be re-appointed / new one appointed/elected and get a tax in the meanwhile..
firefox

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 11, 2012, 08:07:12 PM »
Stewards already earn their cut with Trading right? No need to add to that. Besides, being a Steward will probably help you show that you can manage a region well. I don't think there is an issue here that requires any fixing.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 11, 2012, 08:13:19 PM »
if they trade or if the lord leaves them thing to trade with.

a steward doesn't really manage anything aside from food... that's the only thing... you could argue about giving them some other things to do..
firefox

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 11, 2012, 08:49:04 PM »
Perhaps giving the lord a choice on what actions a steward can do. 
  • sell food
  • buy food
  • hold court
  • post bounties
  • declare holiday
  • recruit militia/disband militia
  • repair fortifications
Some of these actions (especially the holding court) should be less effective than when the lord does it.  All funds would come out of the taxes.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #11: April 11, 2012, 09:40:59 PM »
maybe later, with exceptions (holding court definitely will be limited to the lord).

Duvaille

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 12, 2012, 12:06:18 PM »
I would like to tie the potential steward actions to buildings you can have at your estate. So if you want to gain access to those, you need to dedicate a "slot" for them.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 13, 2012, 03:59:19 AM »
Perhaps giving the lord a choice on what actions a steward can do. 
  • sell food
  • buy food
  • hold court
  • post bounties
  • declare holiday
  • recruit militia/disband militia
  • repair fortifications
Some of these actions (especially the holding court) should be less effective than when the lord does it.  All funds would come out of the taxes.
+1
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)