Author Topic: Atamara: We're not afraid to Gang up on you!  (Read 18680 times)

Zadar

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Atamara: We're not afraid to Gang up on you!
« Reply #15: April 12, 2012, 12:46:53 AM »
This kind of plans won't give much for this game but long term calculations which might take months will keep us alive. Of course there are always someone who just want to rush.
A plan without a goal, is just a wish .

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 12, 2012, 04:48:33 AM »
Suville doesn't take the gang up on you approach, they take the when you are away at war we ambush you and run away when you can actually attack approach.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 12, 2012, 05:03:28 AM »
Suville doesn't take the gang up on you approach, they take the when you are away at war we ambush you and run away when you can actually attack approach.

Hey, it works.  ;)
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 16, 2012, 07:42:09 PM »
You could call it Abington Day!
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #19: April 16, 2012, 09:49:41 PM »

Strategic withdraw when Tara comes marching through Upperfell.

C'mon, we gave the Carelian army a good work-over in Lurgrod - there's only partial truth to your statement :)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 16, 2012, 11:22:31 PM »
Strategic withdraw when Tara comes marching through Upperfell.

C'mon, we gave the Carelian army a good work-over in Lurgrod - there's only partial truth to your statement :)

I only remember one good battle between Suville and Carelia, the rest of the battles were all a bunch of nobles vs one or two of the other realm because they were stragglers but to insult Suville anymore they even give false reasons for war unless they are just that stupid. They say the war is for food but both regions they try to do a takeover on they do a brutal takeover so that when they do take it over its worth crap foodwise plus instead of being a decent realm and asking for Carelia to try and sell some food to them they just declare war out of the blue and say its a misunderstanding.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 17, 2012, 12:04:15 AM »
Good. More people should declare war out of the blue.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: April 17, 2012, 12:15:14 AM »
Just saying does Atamara really need much more war?
― G.K. Chesterton

Masochist

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 17, 2012, 12:25:10 AM »
Good. More people should declare war out of the blue.

I am pretty new here...but does no one make fabricated land claims? or fabricate insults or something (intrigue) related to start wars?
Family Sion of Twainville

May my enemies live long so they can watch me progress.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: April 17, 2012, 12:41:39 AM »
I am pretty new here...but does no one make fabricated land claims? or fabricate insults or something (intrigue) related to start wars?
Fabricating a land claim wouldn't make much sense, since except for places like Balances Retreat on Dwilight where everyone basically has claims on it, claims aren't generally made, its more of a we want your land so we will take it by force kind of thing. For insults, rulers can just pick out something aggresive from a message from a prominent member of the other realm and say its a insult to him or the realm but generally an insult unless huge won't start a war unless it was about to happen soon anyways. (Feel free to correct me for those who have had more experience than I)
― G.K. Chesterton

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #25: April 17, 2012, 12:47:07 AM »
They say the war is for food but both regions they try to do a takeover on they do a brutal takeover so that when they do take it over its worth crap foodwise plus instead of being a decent realm and asking for Carelia to try and sell some food to them they just declare war out of the blue and say its a misunderstanding.

Why would we ask you to sell us food when we can just take the regions that provide it? I mean, think a little bit longer term here. You need to be able to feed your realm if you want to go to war. The reason is legit, we have starving cities and don't want to rely on CE or some other bloc to feed us.

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: April 17, 2012, 12:50:54 AM »
I don't know that it's necessarily a legit reason (insofar as casus belli goes), but it's legit enough that I can easily defend it in-character, and I like it.  8)

de Aquitane

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: April 17, 2012, 12:53:38 AM »

I only remember one good battle between Suville and Carelia, the rest of the battles were all a bunch of nobles vs one or two of the other realm because they were stragglers but to insult Suville anymore they even give false reasons for war unless they are just that stupid. They say the war is for food but both regions they try to do a takeover on they do a brutal takeover so that when they do take it over its worth crap foodwise plus instead of being a decent realm and asking for Carelia to try and sell some food to them they just declare war out of the blue and say its a misunderstanding.

We've had 2 bigger battles. The first (small) Lurgord engagement that Carelia won, and the second Chasnoff engagement that Suville won. I really liked the setup of the Chasnoff battle though, shame it didn't work.

I like the war, sure it might not be going Carelia's way, but it gives a military challenge for a small realm vs large realm in an actually doable fashion. Much better odds than when it was CE and Suville vs Carelia ;D . I'm actually a bit mixed on what I hope for, 'cause as the general of Carelia I of course hope our realm would prevail, but then on the other hand I'd like to see how things turn in the south if Carelia gets wiped out. Especially since it'd release a lot of nobles angry at a lot of realms to join larger realms, though might be they'd simply leave Atamara.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: April 17, 2012, 01:00:54 AM »
Why would we ask you to sell us food when we can just take the regions that provide it? I mean, think a little bit longer term here. You need to be able to feed your realm if you want to go to war. The reason is legit, we have starving cities and don't want to rely on CE or some other bloc to feed us.
But when you loot a region to  the ground and let it go rogue, then move on to another region to brutally takeover it doesn't seem like Suville is actually going for food though.
― G.K. Chesterton

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: April 17, 2012, 01:04:10 AM »
It's going to be tough for Suville to justify taking more than Lurgrod and Tarkhog (and maybe Bolgar).  The war aims were pretty explicit and we wouldn't be able to feed Sullenport even if we did take it (assuming Suville wins, of course).  The real question is: what is Carelia going to do after the war?