Author Topic: Atamara: We're not afraid to Gang up on you!  (Read 18460 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Atamara: We're not afraid to Gang up on you!
« Topic Start: April 11, 2012, 04:04:33 AM »
So, here's an idea that I have been thinking about because apparently people are bored with the current war on Atamara.

Have every realm on Atamara agree to the following:

On the first day of every month, a realm is randomly chosen from among the realms of Atamara, and for the duration of that month every single other realm declares war on them and fights them utterly. At the end of the month, peace is immediately offered, and the process is repeated. Any realm which chooses to break this agreement, will have the entire rest of the continent declare war on them until they are destroyed, then the process continues.

Discuss.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Atamara: We're not afraid to Gang up on you!
« Reply #1: April 11, 2012, 05:20:45 AM »
Not gonna lie, I kinda hate it. First no matter how random it truly is, the realm the gets attacked is going to say its rigged. Second it will cause the last couple realms to be attacked if you took all who had been attacked out of the drawing strong enough to ally and easily defend against the other realms because if your realm just got crushed it doesn't have much money to go attack a far off realm, plus they can't get their land back unless their neighbor is the next target because thats breaking the agreement thus crippling every realm that gets attacked. Third its completely ooc of character with no roleplay reasoning behind it, because what realm would be willing to have the entire continent attack them in real life. Fourth you force every realm to accept your terms since they would be breaking the agreement by not agreeing in the first place and get ganged up on.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 11, 2012, 05:24:02 AM »
Not gonna lie, I kinda hate it. First no matter how random it truly is, the realm the gets attacked is going to say its rigged. Second it will cause the last couple realms to be attacked if you took all who had been attacked out of the drawing strong enough to ally and easily defend against the other realms because if your realm just got crushed it doesn't have much money to go attack a far off realm, plus they can't get their land back unless their neighbor is the next target because thats breaking the agreement thus crippling every realm that gets attacked. Third its completely ooc of character with no roleplay reasoning behind it, because what realm would be willing to have the entire continent attack them in real life. Fourth you force every realm to accept your terms since they would be breaking the agreement by not agreeing in the first place and get ganged up on.

The end of the agreement only applies after everyone agrees.

I don't know about you, but of course its rigged. CE gets killed first.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 11, 2012, 05:28:31 AM »
But will CE's allies agree to go to war against their powerful ally. Or will the war stay the same with CE's allies continue fighting all those who want CE dead? What happens when CE is dead and you decide to rig it so CE's ex-allies get taken out next to? I think they will think of it to and decide not to do this.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 11, 2012, 10:46:34 AM »
lol.

Srsly?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 11, 2012, 10:48:26 AM »
Hey people said they were bored....I was just offering an idea.

I mean, how is it any different than now? Everyone wants to gang up on their targets and never have retribution. At least this way, they have a % chance of it working that way.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 11, 2012, 10:50:48 AM »
I thought we already did this. The rest of Atamara has already declared war on the Greater Cagilan Co-prosperity Sphere. 8)
------
qui audet vincit

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 11, 2012, 10:56:09 AM »
I thought we already did this. The rest of Atamara has already declared war on the Greater Cagilan Co-prosperity Sphere. 8)

Naw. We'd be doing it if Tara, Talerium, and Coria decided it'd be interesting to declare war on CE for a month or so. I mean, that'd really be a challenge. (Fighting a war against yourself)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 11, 2012, 11:02:01 AM »
Naw. We'd be doing it if Tara, Talerium, and Coria decided it'd be interesting to declare war on CE for a month or so. I mean, that'd really be a challenge. (Fighting a war against yourself)

It would be over pretty quickly, to be honest. :(

If you want an interesting challenge, try ganging up on one of the corner realms, since they only have a short border to defend. I vote BoM. ;D
------
qui audet vincit

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 11, 2012, 02:01:20 PM »
From what I hear BoM pretty much killed themselves already.

Who's next?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 11, 2012, 04:05:24 PM »
If this is a serious proposal, it's way too OOC for me.

People just need to stop being so cozy with each other and start taking some risks from time to time. The problem is that people have for so long formed these inseparable power blocs that basically turn any one on one war on the island into some ridiculous gang bang, so everyone's become completely risk averse. It's up to the players to reverse that trend. Thank the gods for the players that put the current war together; it's the best thing that's happened to AT since I started playing. Someone had to take a chance at something or the island was going to die of boredom. Anyone complaining of boredom now is frankly being too careful; there are a hundred opportunities to liven things up, if you're just willing to shoulder the risk.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 11, 2012, 04:10:16 PM »
The problem is that people have for so long formed these inseparable power blocs that basically turn any one on one war on the island into some ridiculous gang bang, so everyone's become completely risk averse.

But the reason they formed those power blocs in the first place is because they're risk-averse.

It's a vicious cycle, and not a new one.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 11, 2012, 05:36:10 PM »
Thank the gods for the players that put the current war together; it's the best thing that's happened to AT since I started playing.

You are Welcome!

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 11, 2012, 05:42:06 PM »
Thank the gods for the players that put the current war together; it's the best thing that's happened to AT since I started playing. Someone had to take a chance at something or the island was going to die of boredom.

You're welcome.

However, I'd like to point out that the problem with the inseparable power blocs is not that they exist, but that their existence means that anyone who wants to go against the curve and break away from them, will die to the other inseparable power-blocs. The solution: Join Coria. We're the little engine that could!

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 11, 2012, 09:36:28 PM »
The solution: Join Coria. We're the little engine that could!

Been trying!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)