Author Topic: Having an estate as Ruler  (Read 18276 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Having an estate as Ruler
« Reply #30: April 15, 2012, 05:53:03 PM »
The new system does create a problem for Lords wanting to run for Ruler, but that has some benefits. Only the most prestigious, aka the Dukes, can win without having to sacrifice their regions. The rest sacrifice whatever they  have, be it their region or just their estate.

Right, because the game isn't elitist enough as it is and we should put further restrictions upon lower-downs that aspire to rulership?

You can:

- Get the duke to give you the duchy title and the ruler title, he would keep being Margrave of a city.
 - Get the current ruler to create a new duchy for you.
 - Live with being ruler and not lord.

1) Right, "please step down from ducalship and rulership just because I don't want to wait to resume being a duke again".
2) Not possible with only 1 city and no townslands. Besides, it's intentional that there's only 1 duchy, breaking apart such a small realm into multiple duchies makes no sense.
3) Meaning no vote, which is part of why the situation is at it is.

No, the best solution is that I wait for the rulership elections, then lose my lordship because of the election, and then ask him to step down as duke so that I can take the position. But will that truly be possible? Will I be able to name myself duke if I don't belong to any region of the duchy, though? If not, then that's really broken.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron