Author Topic: Deliberate use of a bug for IC gain.  (Read 35344 times)

Broose

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Deliberate use of a bug for IC gain.
« Topic Start: April 11, 2012, 11:45:38 PM »
While I didn't notice him being gone from the realm at the time, the character list for Libero shows him as being a member for 0 days, so presumably he was.  How closely have you looked at the member list the past two days or so?
I think I would have noticed. I do know that after the takeover, none of the realm messages were sent to him. Maybe his time in the realm reset without him ever actually leaving.

Should the region lord be expected to simply step down from his lordship position because a bug occurred? This causes a penalty of honor and prestige to the lord for doing so, as this makes him look weak IC wise. I would say absolutely not. What can the region lord do without being accused of bug abuse? Does he simply have to sit in his region and wait to be banned from the new realm because of his misfortune?
His two choices were not to either step down or undo all our takeover work. He could have done nothing, or asked a developer/admin for advice. Given the circumstances, he made the worst choice, and that choice happened to give him a significant advantage. I don't see how expecting him to step down or do nothing is any less reasonable than that.