Author Topic: Deliberate use of a bug for IC gain.  (Read 35323 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Deliberate use of a bug for IC gain.
« Reply #15: April 12, 2012, 12:31:14 AM »
I did check, from the day we noticed he was lord, and he was never listed as a noble of Summerdale under the "Character List".  I also checked his player page where it listed Libero Empire as his character's realm.

The new estates are buggy, don't rely too much on any lists it creates.

But if the devs don't revert the consequences of bugs . . . then as long as he didn't try to cause the bug in the first place, he pretty much has to just go with the results of it, and do what makes sense IC: in this case, he just has to accept that he's lord of the region, even if it's obviously a bug that the election didn't stop when the region was TOed.  And at that point . . . it becomes an IC question of should I a) join the enemy realm, b) just step down, or c) take the region back to my own realm?

Imo, he should have either stayed in his new realm, or stepped down and rejoined his old realm.

Neither of these options would have caused his unwarranted prejudice. Which would have been the only way to justify using option c for self-gain.

You can gain from bugs, but you shouldn't seek out gains when bugs make them possible.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron