Author Topic: Deliberate use of a bug for IC gain.  (Read 35297 times)

Broose

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Deliberate use of a bug for IC gain.
« Reply #15: April 12, 2012, 12:32:11 AM »
Even if they did for whatever reason 'have' to choose either stepping down or changing allegiance, that's the enemy realm losing a region + 3000 CS of militia vs. they lose a few points of H/P. No player with the interest of fair play at mind would make the decision they did.

But if the devs don't revert the consequences of bugs . . . then as long as he didn't try to cause the bug in the first place, he pretty much has to just go with the results of it, and do what makes sense IC: in this case, he just has to accept that he's lord of the region, even if it's obviously a bug that the election didn't stop when the region was TOed.  And at that point . . . it becomes an IC question of should I a) join the enemy realm, b) just step down, or c) take the region back to my own realm?

The player didn't have to accept that they're the lord. They could have made any kind of IC excuse to -not- exploit the bug. "Oh, I'm not the lord anymore, that information is outdated." "Everyone's just confused after the takeover." etc. And any excuse would probably make more sense than them just straight up taking the region back to Libero, instantly, and convincing an army of militia who just came from our capital to come work for the enemy. They didn't do what made the most sense IG, they did what made the least sense.