Author Topic: Seeking Active Players interested in Military Dominance  (Read 33928 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Greetings my fellow BM players,

I am looking for anywhere from 4-14 other players to work together with me in trying to see if BM's current player base is capable of putting up a fight and playing the military aspect of the game to its best potential.

The goal would be for us to all send either one or two characters to the same realm on Atamara or East Island, (or any continent really that can take more than one noble per family) and join together into an army with the intent of being the strongest military power that we can. We will not be taking over the realm but instead will be integrating ourselves into the way the realm is run. This could be a realm that some members already have nobles in or it can be completely new. We would try to form our own personal army and seek to have 100% movement rates within our army as well as due to our activity, we could move out from whatever region we are in as late as possible, thus ensure hard predictability of our movements. These things would not be required, but if we are able to do so, we would try as it gives us the best chance of winning militarily.

Any of our members would be free to run in whatever elections they would like, but are not required to support each other in any way there. The main goal would be to simply become a military powerhouse and test our abilities against those who would oppose whatever realm we join.

If you are interested, you can post here or contact me privately.

Edit: Interested players:

1. Silverfire
2. BardicNerd
3. GoldPanda?
4. Indirik?

Hmm, pretty low on noble count. We can still try it out but not many seem interested.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 01:00:49 AM by Dante Silverfire »
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
And the purpose of this is what, exactly, aside from making a point?

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
To troll, Tom.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile

To troll, Tom.

My thoughts.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Don't let him cross the bridge.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

You said I was discussing things in the wrong forum, and after reviewing things, this would be the correct forum.

As it was not expressly discussed, and I feel it is a legitimate issue, the only way to discuss it, is if it is not hypothetical. I perfectly willing to do this, and if it is allowed, I see no reason not to. I think it could be quite fun to have a military powerhouse.

As far as I can tell, from your personal statements across the forums, is that under the terms I've listed, that you don't consider this behavior obstructive to the game or against the Social Contract, so I thought I'd advertise my idea to my fellow players in the forum.

Edit: I even believe that at one point, you said you would challenge an outside clan to even come together and try and compete against BM's legitimate players. How is this any different?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
A clan, 50 players.
A forum post, 100 words.
A topic to set up a clan by Dante, priceless.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Honestly? Let him attempt it. I /seriously/ doubt anything will come out of it, though.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Interesting idea. If you run things the way you described, you are *not* a clan, and wouldn't be subject to the Clanning restrictions.

You'll have to be very careful to not run afoul of the IRs, I think. Keep it all IC, follow the IRs/Social Contract, and you could probably have fun. After all, in BattleMaster the Ends do NOT justify the Means. The Means matter.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Military superiority is useless without a political agenda for it to support.

Good luck getting a bunch of skilled active players behind the same political agenda.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Good luck getting a bunch of skilled active players behind the same political agenda.

Isn't that the whole point of the game, and where all the fun comes from? Trying to get everyone to work together on a political agenda even though they don't always agree?

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
I always had more fun ruining other people's agendas...
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I always had more fun ruining other people's agendas...

Don't get me wrong that's a lot of fun as well. I've had a character dedicated to that for over 2 real life years (hi Luria!).

But, in general things do have a military component. Being able to win militarily can make the rest a lot easier.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
So it was YOU Dante!

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
You could do this in Beluterra and fight Tom/Overlord/Daimons.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton