Author Topic: Table sorting  (Read 9686 times)

egamma

Re: Table sorting
« Reply #15: April 21, 2012, 10:39:43 PM »
Okay, I'm 'done' with the table, other than adding new entries.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 21, 2012, 11:14:22 PM »
Looks pretty handy. I added a marketplace to Libidizedd.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

« Reply #17: April 22, 2012, 08:55:24 AM »
Now, if we could somehow map this data IG...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 22, 2012, 04:57:51 PM »
Would be nice if we could somehow use the semantic data to plot a map...

egamma

« Reply #19: April 22, 2012, 08:20:11 PM »
Yes, exactly.

Or, if the game treated marketplaces as guild, so you could use the "find nearest guild" option...that would be cool too.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 22, 2012, 10:22:11 PM »
I believe there is a new marketplace option. If you are a trader in a marketplace, you can see if any of the neighboring regions has a marketplace. And there is a planned feature to extend that out to 2 regions.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 23, 2012, 03:55:47 AM »
I believe there is a new marketplace option. If you are a trader in a marketplace, you can see if any of the neighboring regions has a marketplace. And there is a planned feature to extend that out to 2 regions.
Actually the trader can be anywhere, doesn't need to be at a marketplace. I haven't tried it yet and it costs one hour for to know for all regions in a one region radius. Its called trader chat or something like it.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #22: April 23, 2012, 11:08:12 AM »
yes, it's new, and it's intended to support the traders, having them run around less and trade more.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 23, 2012, 12:37:06 PM »
oh... doh.. i was thinking it was to do with a region having trader supplies.. XD
because i noticed a supplies in the the 1st region i noticed the new thingy.

actually.. what i was going to say here was... isn't there a way to make region infobox in wiki automatically include marketplaces without having to manually update every region?

or even just that marketplace list page listing all marketplaces without editing any of the region pages (to add the semantic has marketplace bit).. but then again, it would mean blowing 1 (or more) hour to check for nearby marketplaces ingame... gets a bit pointless if the page is autoupdated and persistent..... scratch that i guess.

it's just i'm a bit wary of editing someone else's region page.. in the middle of their text, as opposed to just adding a tag somewhere that's out of the way.. eg.. [[itau]] i'm going to ask the current region owner where the marketplace is. but some time in the future, another region lord might revamp the page and get rid of the marketplace semantic bit that's buried in the text, without knowing/realising what it is.
firefox

egamma

« Reply #24: April 25, 2012, 12:06:52 AM »
    it's just i'm a bit wary of editing someone else's region page.. in the middle of their text, as opposed to just adding a tag somewhere that's out of the way.. eg.. [[itau]] i'm going to ask the current region owner where the marketplace is. but some time in the future, another region lord might revamp the page and get rid of the marketplace semantic bit that's buried in the text, without knowing/realising what it is.

• The less preferred way is to hide it using blank alt text, like this: [[has feature::scouts guild| ]]. Note that we pipe an alternate text, and then use one space. You have to have the space there, or it doesn't work. This way puts the tag on the page, with no visible sign on the page itself.