Author Topic: Unique Item Price  (Read 10825 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Unique Item Price
« Reply #15: April 18, 2012, 11:03:52 PM »
Oh man.  I wouldn't have advertised that my character had this, at all.

Why ever not?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 18, 2012, 11:06:18 PM »
Why ever not?

You have something that belongs to the Zuma. And I presume you have not told them about it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 18, 2012, 11:07:54 PM »
You have something that belongs to the Zuma. And I presume you have not told them about it.

First, it belongs to me.

Second, I've been trying to do just that for like 3 months. Stupid liege won't let me enter Zuma lands.

Edit: On the other hand, the best idea is to just wear it in battle and let word reach them slowly right?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 11:09:35 PM by Dante Silverfire »
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 18, 2012, 11:11:30 PM »
Personally, I'm in favor of all unique items on an island being listed on a publicly accessible list. How can owning them give you prestige if no one knows you own it? ???
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 18, 2012, 11:12:15 PM »
First, it belongs to me.

No, you're just holding it at the second. If you lost a monogrammed $5000 watch, and someone else picked it up and started wearing it and flaunting it around, would it belong to them?

Second, I've been trying to do just that for like 3 months. Stupid liege won't let me enter Zuma lands.

You never thought of, maybe, writing them a letter? Or saying, "Screw it, I don't want me or the realm to get trampled by the Zuma if they find out about it," and going anyway?

Edit: On the other hand, the best idea is to just wear it in battle and let word reach them slowly right?

Yes, that's gotta be it! Just let them find out on their own that a rather precious item belonging to them is in your possession, and you've been holding onto it without ever mentioning it to them!
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 18, 2012, 11:20:06 PM »
No, you're just holding it at the second. If you lost a monogrammed $5000 watch, and someone else picked it up and started wearing it and flaunting it around, would it belong to them?

You never thought of, maybe, writing them a letter? Or saying, "Screw it, I don't want me or the realm to get trampled by the Zuma if they find out about it," and going anyway?

Yes, that's gotta be it! Just let them find out on their own that a rather precious item belonging to them is in your possession, and you've been holding onto it without ever mentioning it to them!

Well in-game and the forum are two different things. (fooling myself right?)

And yes, I own it. My char is Brom. He's the serpent of Luria, the self-appointed Prince of Pian en Luries, do you think he cares about what the Zuma think?

....Absolutely he does.

Although, I was trying to go present it to them in person, ask to wield it as their designated destroyer savior of humanity.

Edit: You think I care about what happens to my realms? Have you seen me playing the game?

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 18, 2012, 11:23:02 PM »
Personally, I'm in favor of all unique items on an island being listed on a publicly accessible list. How can owning them give you prestige if no one knows you own it? ???

Maybe not all of them, but it would be cool to see the most prestigious ones listed I think.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: April 18, 2012, 11:24:00 PM »
Well in-game and the forum are two different things. (fooling myself right?)

And yes, I own it. My char is Brom. He's the serpent of Luria, the self-appointed Prince of Pian en Luries, do you think he cares about what the Zuma think?

....Absolutely he does.

Although, I was trying to go present it to them in person, ask to wield it as their designated destroyer savior of humanity.

Edit: You think I care about what happens to my realms? Have you seen me playing the game?

Seen you? I'm beginning to consider following you around to capitalize on all the messes you leave :p

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 19, 2012, 12:07:39 AM »
Seen you? I'm beginning to consider following you around to capitalize on all the messes you leave :p

I have fun, that's what matters.

Pian was mine too, I just was too inactive to pull it off.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: April 19, 2012, 05:05:11 PM »

This isn't a bad idea at all.  It'd be like investing in a down market.  You could even coordinate with Brom and he could charge a "management" fee.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: April 19, 2012, 05:34:55 PM »
This isn't a bad idea at all.  It'd be like investing in a down market.  You could even coordinate with Brom and he could charge a "management" fee.

Now that can definitely be arranged.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: April 19, 2012, 11:24:26 PM »
But then it loses all entertainment value. Getting the spoils isn't fun unless you can watch the downfall from the start!

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: April 20, 2012, 04:22:51 AM »
Things might be changing, particularly if Kabrinskia sees new leadership. Regardless, you might be getting your wish to go visit them anyways.

I just noticed something.

Zanaras and Brom start out in Pian. I leave for the west, sometime later Pian collapses into eternal civil wars (or whatever that is). Later, Zan's daughter, Karana, joins Caerwyn. Brom comes to Caerwyn, take over after Karana leaves. Caerwyn collapses. Karana goes to Barca. Sometime later, Brom joins Barca.

Following that logic Sacha, Barca should be next.
Like my programming? Become my patron!

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: April 20, 2012, 04:27:57 AM »
Things might be changing, particularly if Kabrinskia sees new leadership. Regardless, you might be getting your wish to go visit them anyways.

I just noticed something.

Zanaras and Brom start out in Pian. I leave for the west, sometime later Pian collapses into eternal civil wars (or whatever that is). Later, Zan's daughter, Karana, joins Caerwyn. Brom comes to Caerwyn, take over after Karana leaves. Caerwyn collapses. Karana goes to Barca. Sometime later, Brom joins Barca.

Following that logic Sacha, Barca should be next.

Send me to the ZUMA!

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: April 26, 2012, 11:38:14 AM »
First thing try to find a noble who can be trusted to give a recommendation. My advy sold unique items at the flat rate of 50G/Prestige and a guaranteed recommendation. You might want to drop the cost a bit to please the noblity.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.