Author Topic: Margraves  (Read 2421 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Margraves
« Topic Start: April 13, 2012, 01:04:00 AM »
I've noticed a few region lords in my realm have the title "Margrave" what type of region makes someone a Margrave?

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Margraves
« Reply #1: April 13, 2012, 01:06:08 AM »
Please check out this announcement, which I believe answers your question if I'm not mistaken:

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,2248.0.html

egamma

« Reply #2: April 16, 2012, 06:44:58 PM »
Cities and Townslands.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 11:05:29 PM by egamma »

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 17, 2012, 08:25:23 AM »
Are you sure townsland lords are called that as well? On stable, in Arcaea's government system, townsland lords used to be called earls. When the title changes came (came to stable a few weeks ago), city lords are now margraves, stronghold lords are earls and townsland lord are viscounts. When the rest of the changes come, will townsland titles be changed again?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 17, 2012, 01:45:10 PM »
Are you sure townsland lords are called that as well? On stable, in Arcaea's government system, townsland lords used to be called earls. When the title changes came (came to stable a few weeks ago), city lords are now margraves, stronghold lords are earls and townsland lord are viscounts. When the rest of the changes come, will townsland titles be changed again?

What they are called depends on the title system you are using.

Margrave/Margravine replaces Marquess/Marchioness, in addition to being the new title for the Lord of a city or stronghold. Earls will, I believe, still be Earls.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 17, 2012, 04:34:10 PM »
unless the pop of the region changes (when food/pop rebalance kicks in).. and the titles system is based on pop... ie.. you get a different title because the region has changed...

eg.. avengmil (townsland, bt., 10k+ pop.. and at max) used to have an earl, before pop/title changes. now it has a margrave (alongside all cities)... the other townsland, mio dupaki (5k+ pop... max is not far off that), has a viscount... riombara use complex titles.. don't even ask me what mio's title was before...

cjelegy (10k+ rural) has an earl.. could have sworn i saw lopa having an earl too at some point before when the titles were flipping every day... now it's 8k pop rural and has a viscount. (eh... i hope title doesn't change due to current pop, as opposed to max pop...)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 04:39:02 PM by fodder »
firefox