Author Topic: New Nations  (Read 14242 times)

Masochist

• Knight
    • View Profile
New Nations
« Topic Start: April 15, 2012, 01:20:27 AM »
How do new nations form? How are new religions formed? Can one change the government type at some point in time (IE take a nation from a monarch to a tyranny)

I searched around but found nothing about any of this stuff.
Family Sion of Twainville

May my enemies live long so they can watch me progress.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: New Nations
« Reply #1: April 15, 2012, 01:26:06 AM »
Realms ae formed two ways: secession of a duchy from an existing realm, or a special Colony takeover of a city belonging to another realm.

Religions are formed by region lords. They lose their lordship and become the first priest of a new religion.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 15, 2012, 01:28:42 AM »
The reason, there is no information about this stuff is that it is really only available to a select number of people and is part of the depth of the game that most new players arent concerned about.

New religions can be started by any regional lord, they can found a religion by building its first temple in their region

New realms are formed when a Duke secedes his or her duchy to form a new realm. Or a Colony Takeover which does not exist anymore

Governments can change after a rebellion, or after not being able to find a ruler and descending into anarchy.

Masochist

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 15, 2012, 01:44:13 AM »
The reason, there is no information about this stuff is that it is really only available to a select number of people and is part of the depth of the game that most new players arent concerned about.

When I hop into stuff like this I try and learn it all =P

Thanks for the quick responses!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 15, 2012, 02:18:53 AM »
One gotcha that a lot of people miss is that in order to change government style after a rebellion, the rebels must win a military victory. If the loyalists give in and surrender, or the old ruler is killed, emigrates, etc., it is not a military victory, and the government cannot be changed.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 15, 2012, 05:14:48 AM »
One gotcha that a lot of people miss is that in order to change government style after a rebellion, the rebels must win a military victory. If the loyalists give in and surrender, or the old ruler is killed, emigrates, etc., it is not a military victory, and the government cannot be changed.

But aside from the "official" government system and the few perks which come with it, the whole government details are easily editable by the ruler at any time.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Masochist

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 15, 2012, 06:20:31 AM »
And what about sponsoring armies? Didn't find any details on that.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 15, 2012, 06:45:17 AM »
lord->command
firefox

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 15, 2012, 07:24:54 AM »
To expand on that unintelligible-to-a-new-player reply, you must first become a region lord. The option to sponsor an army will then be in the Command menu.

Masochist

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 16, 2012, 09:17:14 PM »
Whats the best way to see realm forces? I see people talking about how an army of xxxx CS is moving into this region or that region next turn (obviously scouting/knowledge required but I assume realms can see their own armies? And finally (I think) how does the taking over of a region happen? Simply having your army in a region without an army? certain amount of time?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 09:20:59 PM by Masochist »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 16, 2012, 09:22:31 PM »
Someone in the occying army clicks a link to start the takeover. In the new TO system that is being deployed now, the nobles in the TO army perform actions every turn to increase "love" or "fear" toward the TOing realm. When that procedes far enough, the region switches. As soon as you've been in one or two, you'll see it better for yourself.

Masochist

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 16, 2012, 09:24:18 PM »
How do people see the current/max pop of a realm?...I see plenty of people talking about region population and saying 1000/1900 etc

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 16, 2012, 09:28:28 PM »
Lords and Knights can see the max population of the region they own/have an Estate in.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 16, 2012, 09:44:27 PM »
How do people see the current/max pop of a realm?...I see plenty of people talking about region population and saying 1000/1900 etc

I look at the region details, then look it up on the wiki.

Masochist

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 16, 2012, 09:45:46 PM »
Ah...so we can assume the population on the wiki is the max possible? I assumed it only showed whatever it was updated as last.

As for having an estate and seeing the numbers. I can see the population...just not the max possible population.