Author Topic: Would this be an IR violation?  (Read 2718 times)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Would this be an IR violation?
« Topic Start: April 16, 2012, 07:54:29 AM »
Someone has proposed tearing down all RCs of a certain unit type within the realm, in order to prevent nobles from recruiting that unit type.

I've been trying to tell him that this is blatantly circumventing the IR. He refuses to believe me.

I'd like to get Tom's opinion on this, as well as those of the Magistrates.
------
qui audet vincit

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Would this be an IR violation?
« Reply #1: April 16, 2012, 08:00:40 AM »
Someone has proposed tearing down all RCs of a certain unit type within the realm, in order to prevent nobles from recruiting that unit type.

I've been trying to tell him that this is blatantly circumventing the IR. He refuses to believe me.

If he can get all the Region Lords to tear them down and never rebuild them how is that a violation. You can't order someone to recruit a certain type of troops, nothing says that the realm MUST provide all types though. Solaria for a long time had no cavalry centers, and those that had the gold to fund more RC's were hesitant to provide funds for them given my (the general's) preference for working on stronger infantry centers. Would that classify as a violation? I really don't think so.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 16, 2012, 08:13:17 AM »

I have provided a more detailed explanation of the situation within the Q&A section of the forum under the Courthouse section. I believe the Magistrates and Tom can best address this issue there, and I have taken into account all of the necessary situations that I believe would arise.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: April 16, 2012, 09:14:27 AM »

He is right, you are wrong.

egamma

« Reply #4: April 16, 2012, 06:57:43 PM »
Out of curiosity, does he want to tear down Mixed Infantry centers, and is this realm on stable?

Because MI is much, much better on testing, and he may just want to wait and re-evaluate.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #5: April 16, 2012, 08:12:40 PM »
Conclusion: This is not an IR violation.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 16, 2012, 08:24:01 PM »
Conclusion: This is not an IR violation.

Lock thread?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."