Author Topic: Hail Norland!  (Read 34076 times)

Maxim

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Hail Norland!
« Reply #30: March 19, 2011, 06:06:32 PM »
Characters or players!? :P

To quote a better man than I ; "The characters were drunk. The players were on cocaine"

Valak being the exception of course, he didn't drink but he was addicted to powdered milk.
"Who are you .. and are you relevant?"

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: March 19, 2011, 06:34:11 PM »
Too much Vulture Spleen Vodka, Shiverwood Squirrel Ale and Melmoor Moonshine can do strange things to a man...

WarMaid

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: March 20, 2011, 06:45:25 AM »

I don't think the purpose of this forum is to call out or bash individual players (or characters) for having annoying RP.  Just ignore it rather than driving people away from the game because they don't play the way that you want them to.

One of the things that I love most about Battlemaster is that it isn't like the rest of the internet.  Is that going to change now that we have a forum?
Kindon Family

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: March 20, 2011, 06:52:17 AM »
One of the things that I love most about Battlemaster is that it isn't like the rest of the internet.

The annoying and silly RP's are exactly what are attempting to make Battlemaster like the rest of the internet, to me!

Frankly, they sound a lot like the crap that gets produced on a forum!  :o
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: March 20, 2011, 05:11:42 PM »
I don't think the purpose of this forum is to call out or bash individual players (or characters) for having annoying RP.  Just ignore it rather than driving people away from the game because they don't play the way that you want them to.

One of the things that I love most about Battlemaster is that it isn't like the rest of the internet.  Is that going to change now that we have a forum?

Better yet, have the judge fine them ("For the love of Magnus, what were you thinking, throwing *food* at your fellow nobles? You will compensate them for the damages, and please reflect on your behavior!") then have your character or a group of characters strict-grandmother them into acting a bit more like proper nobles. If that doesn't work, then I still think it would be better to continue expressing your character's disapproval of this other noble's behavior through RP than to ignore it (it's no good to have the crazy voice be the only voice everyone hears, because then it's not "this character is too silly for me", it's "this realm is too silly for me") But all in all, I think you'd be surprised by how willing people are to play along with you if you take an interest in them.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: March 23, 2011, 08:11:27 PM »
The annoying and silly RP's are exactly what are attempting to make Battlemaster like the rest of the internet, to me!

Frankly, they sound a lot like the crap that gets produced on a forum!  :o

The play on Dwilight, the strict SMA island. Otherwise I would say that if one realm doesn't maintain the right atmosphere for you, leave, but don't try to impose your standards on everyone else.

For my part I spent several months in Norland relatively early on in my BM career. It was a fun place. Certainly the atmosphere was at times silly bordering on the ridiculous, but the laughs were genuine.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: March 23, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »
The play on Dwilight, the strict SMA island.

I do. I love it. All islands should be SMA, IMO.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: March 24, 2011, 02:06:26 AM »
I do. I love it. All islands should be SMA, IMO.

bah, people that don't like SMA need somewhere to play as well.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: March 24, 2011, 02:16:21 AM »
bah, people that don't like SMA need somewhere to play as well.

I know, I know.... I just don't get how anyone could not love SMA!  :o

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: March 24, 2011, 05:33:37 AM »
My family is from Norland!   ;D But we stole Melmoor away from them and then got OOC-!@#$ed by Sordnaz in the end. It was super-lame as it was only my second lordship  :'(
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

johnny Hammarberg

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: March 24, 2011, 08:15:10 AM »
My family is from Norland!   ;D But we stole Melmoor away from them and then got OOC-!@#$ed by Sordnaz in the end. It was super-lame as it was only my second lordship  :'(

You really need to get your facts straight before whining on the forum like a little child who dropped his candybar!

The reason Sordnaz attacked Norland was known in advance as he warned Norland to go against their own treaty, other realms told Norland the same including Caergoth but the ruler of Norland decided on a gamble that it was just empty words....it was not. It was all talked about infront of ALL  the rulers in the council before Norland decided to act so if anyone is to blame for the fall of Norland it was their ruler and no one else.

Norland was a few weeks away from expansion but patience was not a virtue known to them I guess as they had to act premature, the plan was simple and understood by all but in the end discarded by Norland for reasons unknown to all but their ruler.

I doubt you can find anyone involved who support your statement as even norlanders have been cursing the actions taken by the incompetent ruler of Norland.

I have never ever used OOC to gain advantage in BM and I can say that you lost all credibility from my part by accusing me of doing so, you lost so suck it up and move on like any man would and dont use silly made up lies to cover up your own failure.
In war, truth is the first casualty.  ~Aeschylus

egamma

« Reply #41: March 24, 2011, 08:35:27 AM »

I'm with johnny/sordnaz on this one. He's never done anything like what you accused him of. I was a part of BM at the time in question, and Sordnaz copy/pasted pages and pages of IC ruler channel information to the rest of us, showing us what a fool the ruler of Norland was.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: March 24, 2011, 08:41:34 AM »
When you allow your realm to be run by Archbanes and Vanimedles, it's only a matter of time before they rally everyone against you, including your allies. Stupidity comes at a price. You had it coming. And I say that as a former ruler and big fan of 'old' Norland.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: March 24, 2011, 09:58:50 AM »
You really need to get your facts straight before whining on the forum like a little child who dropped his candybar!

The reason Sordnaz attacked Norland was known in advance as he warned Norland to go against their own treaty, other realms told Norland the same including Caergoth but the ruler of Norland decided on a gamble that it was just empty words....it was not. It was all talked about infront of ALL  the rulers in the council before Norland decided to act so if anyone is to blame for the fall of Norland it was their ruler and no one else.

Norland was a few weeks away from expansion but patience was not a virtue known to them I guess as they had to act premature, the plan was simple and understood by all but in the end discarded by Norland for reasons unknown to all but their ruler.

I doubt you can find anyone involved who support your statement as even norlanders have been cursing the actions taken by the incompetent ruler of Norland.

I have never ever used OOC to gain advantage in BM and I can say that you lost all credibility from my part by accusing me of doing so, you lost so suck it up and move on like any man would and dont use silly made up lies to cover up your own failure.

You assume too much. I wasn't talking about the war at all but rather when my character Channing switched Melmoor's allegiance to BoM. The region then went rogue and Sordnaz promised Channing would be lord again. Upon a successful TO of Melmoor, the Marshal of one of your armies was appointed the lord rather than Channing. The Marshal's name started with an "A", I remember this clearly. Upon a heated message sent to you, I received an OOC reply that you had clicked his name instead of mine, in the appoint-lord-page or something, a mistake you claimed because our names were next to each other. But there were a good 5-6 other nobles who were between Channings and the newly appointed lord. I was very taken aback by your excuse as it didn't fit at all.

I certainly am not complaining about the war and how it came to pass nor the fall of Norland.

Also, when I said "We" in my previous comment, I meant we as in my family, not Norland. As well as "them" is Norland.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 10:02:21 AM by DoctorHarte »
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

johnny Hammarberg

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: March 24, 2011, 04:06:35 PM »
In other words you are whining and assuming things calling me a liar...

In war, truth is the first casualty.  ~Aeschylus