Author Topic: Diablo III  (Read 17621 times)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Diablo III
« Topic Start: April 20, 2012, 03:29:14 AM »
It seemed sacrilegious that there wasn't a thread drooling over this yet. I confidently expected Diablo III to come out in 2010, then 2011 only to have my hopes cruelly dashed. Now it's finally being released on May 15 and I'm quite looking forward to it! Diablo II is probably one of my favourite games ever. I do have some fears about this new one though.

I'm really scared that Diablo III has been made to cater for the World of Warcraft crowd. It all just looks too bright and nice compared to Diablo II. Also heard rumours from the beta that the game just isn't on a par with Diablo II and the four characters per party things sounds like a horrible misstep if it makes it to final release. I don't really mind about the in-game marketplace though - people were already paying hand-over-fist for items and what not in Diablo II, just in much shadier places.

However Diablo III turns out, I reckon I'm probably going to pick it up on or as near to launch day as I can regardless. Not sure what class to go for when I get started though like. Torn between the Demon Hunter and the Monk. The Demon Hunter seems to be part-Amazon, part-Assassin. I loved both those classes even if I was only any good at playing the latter! The Monk intrigues me because he seems to have the martial arts/meleeing side of the Assassin, which is something I only got to grips with on my last run through Diablo II and had me cursing the fact I'd only ever played traps before!

Anyone else looking forward to this?