Author Topic: Diablo III  (Read 17609 times)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo III
« Reply #15: April 23, 2012, 01:17:23 AM »
Spent even more time with the beta. Pretty much addicted now. It was strange getting used to at first, but the beta was basically the perfect microcosm of the whole Diablo experience. You get started, finish all the acts and then there's nothing left to do but start doing runs to keep levelling up and finding those good items. All the while you're unlocking new skills and exploring the crafting system even more thoroughly. There's a whole lot more positive reinforcement in this Diablo than the last one. I'm hooked.

The new skill system is probably perfect. For all my griping, you are either unlocking new skills or runes that change them every level. I dare say it'll taper off a bit later, but not by much. That will make the endgame and all the running later on more interesting as there will be a little more purpose to it. In D2 you spend up to 70 levels with the same skills you'd unlocked by level 30 (of which you'd be able to use a handful.) I reckon once we all have high level characters in D3 proper, that experience won't compare well at all.

As if I started this weekend sceptical about Diablo III >.< Bring on May 15th! ;D