Author Topic: Stuff Brom Does  (Read 43025 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff Brom Does
« Reply #45: April 24, 2012, 06:55:07 AM »
So true. I mean in all fairness, only like 4 characters have a legit IC reason to be upset with Brom. The rest just are jumping onto the Brom hating wagon. At least half of those characters are dead too. Only one was Brom's direct fault. Although he received blame for the other. (Hi Arundel)

And at least one of the dead ones never had the slightest idea, if I understand everything that happened correctly.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: April 24, 2012, 07:06:00 AM »
I invoke the right of Ego and Bravado to rename this thread to "Stuff Allison Does"   :)   The marriage wasn't Brom's idea.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: April 24, 2012, 07:16:11 AM »
So true. I mean in all fairness, only like 4 characters have a legit IC reason to be upset with Brom. The rest just are jumping onto the Brom hating wagon. At least half of those characters are dead too. Only one was Brom's direct fault. Although he received blame for the other. (Hi Arundel)

A legit reason to be upset with Brom IC is as simple as they find him annoying. That opens up a whole heap more then 4 characters that can be legitimately upset with him :)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: April 24, 2012, 07:36:31 AM »
I invoke the right of Ego and Bravado to rename this thread to "Stuff Allison Does"   :)   The marriage wasn't Brom's idea.

I was trapped, had no place to run. What could I do? The tent was guarded, and there was no escape...

Although, to be fair, another threat with that title would be interesting.

A legit reason to be upset with Brom IC is as simple as they find him annoying. That opens up a whole heap more then 4 characters that can be legitimately upset with him :)

True, but its not like Brom is ever annoying. He just speaks all pomp about honor all the time. (while poisoning your King)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: April 24, 2012, 07:44:40 AM »
I was trapped, had no place to run. What could I do? The tent was guarded, and there was no escape...

True, but its not like Brom is ever annoying. He just speaks all pomp about honor all the time. (while poisoning your King)

Yeah, people constantly harking on about THEIR concept of honor is never annoying.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: April 24, 2012, 11:22:30 AM »

Freudian slip of the day.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: April 24, 2012, 01:31:59 PM »
He single-handedly saved the cities of Giask and Askileon from starvation in his first term as Banker of Pian en Luries, and engineered the restoration of the starving realm that was Pian at the time. Meanwhile he implemented a productive system for moving forward with expansion and proper food management.

By the hunger scheme of moving food in and out of the same cities?

I wouldn't be proud of that. We never did that in D'Hara because we deemed it to be an exploit.

I'm pretty sure our deficit was worse than Luria's, and we still managed to survive and now thrive. Taking the big cities never should have been easy for anyone.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: April 24, 2012, 02:46:30 PM »
He single-handedly saved the cities of Giask and Askileon from starvation in his first term as Banker of Pian en Luries, and engineered the restoration of the starving realm that was Pian at the time. Meanwhile he implemented a productive system for moving forward with expansion and proper food management.

Which then subsequently collapsed by his fault, causing not only the almost total destruction of Poryatown, but also the civil war that ended up destroying the city of Giask and most regions in the duchy. I think Brom is responsible for more lives lost than saved over his career in the Lurias, I'd say :p

And I'm not sure how Proslyn handled food business when he was Duke of Askileon, but under Amaury Brom had nothing to do with keeping the city fed, it was all handled internally by the Lords and the Duke ;)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: April 24, 2012, 03:37:07 PM »

Who would those be? Alanna, Amaury, Koli and Malus have to be included, and I can think of at least a dozen more with deep-rooted reasons to hate him.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: April 24, 2012, 03:38:19 PM »
Who would those be? Alanna, Amaury, Koli and Malus have to be included, and I can think of at least a dozen more with deep-rooted reasons to hate him.

Well, if those are the 4 he meant, half of them are dead...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: April 24, 2012, 04:07:15 PM »
I'm not arguing that, I'm arguing the number of people with legitimate reasons to hate Brom :p

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: April 24, 2012, 05:27:20 PM »

Katerina, Franz, Ramiel... anyone who purported to be protecting Koli.  To say nothing of Lurians who might be tired of the endless cycle of infighting and cannibalization.  Brom certainly didn't get that ball rolling, but he's been instrumental in most of it.  How many rebellions is it now, four?  How many people have saved Brom's neck, only to see him repay the favor with betrayal?  Perhaps that's a knock against those characters as much as it is Brom, but he has conditioned people to assume the very worst about him.  There's also the very OOC matter of whatever agreement the player had with Matt.  You don't commit to something with another player and then abandon that agreement when events don't go your way.  Not if you believe in being a good sport.

All of this isn't meant to discourage someone from playing the kind of character Brom is.  However, one should expect characters (and players) to react accordingly.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:29:47 PM by Solari »

egamma

« Reply #57: April 24, 2012, 05:39:56 PM »
Lurians who might be tired of the endless cycle of infighting and cannibalization

D'Harans are too proud to resort to cannibalization, no matter how hungry our peasants get.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #58: April 24, 2012, 06:28:26 PM »
I'm not arguing that, I'm arguing the number of people with legitimate reasons to hate Brom :p
I suppose there are a few more. Leaving Barca to marry the insane and evil Grand-mistress isn't doing his reputation any good in Barca, nor any 'Moot Republic. Although I must say that I could personally laugh about this, but hey, I know Brom longer than today and know that he is capable of doing things like this.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: April 24, 2012, 08:09:44 PM »
There's also the very OOC matter of whatever agreement the player had with Matt.  You don't commit to something with another player and then abandon that agreement when events don't go your way.  Not if you believe in being a good sport.

You should seriously watch what you say. I stuck fully to my OOC agreement, but it was you and some other players which led Matt to leave the realm and ruin the whole thing due to your accusations of both of us cheating. Even if I didn't leave Luria due to IC reasons, I was going to leave for these simple OOC reasons of the playerbase assuming first cheating and OOC misbehavior first instead of giving players with a long history the benefit of the doubt.

I'm fine with all of the IC hate for Brom, because quite simply he deserves it. But, OOC accusations at myself are not acceptable.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."