Author Topic: Worst Recruitment Center  (Read 15116 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Worst Recruitment Center
« Reply #30: June 23, 2012, 08:40:29 PM »
0 0/0 wow. The best TO unit ever. Cheapest!

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: June 23, 2012, 09:40:34 PM »
0/0/0? So, these troops are what? Unarmed naked babies?

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: June 23, 2012, 10:23:57 PM »

It kinda reminds me of a video I saw about Skyrim, where a nordic was trying to fight a dragon with bare fists. Still haven't decided if he was too much idiot or just too much nord  :P

Now on topic, when I saw it I didn't know if to cry or drop my super special forces unit and take a thousand of those broken-handed lads  ;D
D'Espana Family

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: June 23, 2012, 11:21:02 PM »

I wonder if they are stronger than Peasants. I'd love to command those! Specially if they were MI...
I'd name my unit "Angry Mob" :D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 11:26:59 PM by JPierreD »
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: June 24, 2012, 01:32:26 AM »
The 0/0/0 center is what happens when the construction process fails, and you're left with a useless building you need to tear down. Usually this only happens when you select a specific type of center to build, or if you already have many RCs in a region.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: June 24, 2012, 03:16:25 PM »
The 0/0/0 center is what happens when the construction process fails, and you're left with a useless building you need to tear down. Usually this only happens when you select a specific type of center to build, or if you already have many RCs in a region.

...If all the lords in OW are trying for specific types of centers, that's probably why they're having horrible luck. As I recall it lowers the chances both of getting a usable center *and* the average quality of the result.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #36: June 24, 2012, 04:45:56 PM »
As I recall it lowers the chances both of getting a usable center *and* the average quality of the result.

No, it doesn't. That would be stupid.

All it does is this:
If you try for any center whatsoever, you get a random center (not all types are equally likely) almost always. The chance of complete failure is very low.
If you try for a specific center, you have a better chance of getting that type, but if you don't, then you get a useless center.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: June 25, 2012, 05:59:10 PM »
No, it doesn't. That would be stupid.

All it does is this:
If you try for any center whatsoever, you get a random center (not all types are equally likely) almost always. The chance of complete failure is very low.
If you try for a specific center, you have a better chance of getting that type, but if you don't, then you get a useless center.

Haha, thanks for clarifying Tom. There's so much esoteric knowledge to be learned about this game that isn't well documented (or documented at all) that sometimes I get an idea in my head and am convinced I heard it somewhere.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: June 25, 2012, 11:58:52 PM »

Wow, thanks for the info, I didn't know that. It's funny how after a year of playing BM I'm still an absolute noob in most things  :o
D'Espana Family

Zakilevo

« Reply #39: June 26, 2012, 12:32:13 AM »
Wow, thanks for the info, I didn't know that. It's funny how after a year of playing BM I'm still an absolute noob in most things  :o

I know huh. I played for 2 years and a half and still considered relatively new...

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: April 20, 2015, 12:14:11 PM »
Rather than starting a new topic, decided to post in this one.

Archers center    Arch    15    10    50    4    

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: April 20, 2015, 12:17:50 PM »
Rather than starting a new topic, decided to post in this one.

Archers center    Arch    15    10    50    4

Not as bad as you think due to armour actually affecting archers ability to do damage.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: April 20, 2015, 02:48:35 PM »
Cheap police forces.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: April 21, 2015, 10:37:57 AM »
Also make good takeover forces, as archers they'll only risk troop loose to attacks that crack through the infantry line, starvation, and equipment fights. I like to have one large cheap archer unit to act as an anchor to TOs, letting attack units swap out for repair and resupply as they need it.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: April 21, 2015, 12:48:34 PM »
Also make good takeover forces, as archers they'll only risk troop loose to attacks that crack through the infantry line, starvation, and equipment fights. I like to have one large cheap archer unit to act as an anchor to TOs, letting attack units swap out for repair and resupply as they need it.

You are doing it wrong.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.