Author Topic: Militia increase in Mt. Black Nastrond  (Read 22518 times)

Fury

Re: Militia increase in Mt. Black Nastrond
« Reply #60: April 20, 2012, 06:31:24 PM »
    Please stop presenting your interpretation as fact. I'm not saying you are wrong, simply that there is no precedent to imply that either point of view is correct. The Magistrate system has in no way been functional long enough to make broad statements about how to handle compliance issues.
    Functional time is not the issue. Precedent is. And it does not refer to point of view. And my interpretation is a fact.
    • There is no appeal. If you think the decision was totally wrong, you can try to mail tom@battlemaster.org - but your chances aren't very good. Unless the decision is obviously faulty, I will stand behind my Magistrates.
    Or are we saying there is an appeal for a review? Even if there is it needs to go to - as I said - a higher authority. Another fact.

The Dev team has also said it does not fix the consequences of bugs unless it is game-changing. Another fact.
    Standing dev-team policy on bugs is that a) the effects of bugs do not get fixed and b) players are expected to play out the consequences of any bugs however they wish.
    The dev policy and the social contract don't contradict.

We don't fix it and flip the region back.

We do punish exploitation of the bug.

This is an obvious exploitation of a bug.
    We've already punished. Are we now trying to fix it? The dev policy and the social contract don't contradict. What about (the dev policy + the social contract) and the Magistrate policy? Are we going to have a contradiction? I call indirectly 'fixing' it circumventing dev policy. I'll admit it's a clever way for a power grab from the devs (<- joke here).

Please stop presenting my interpretation as not facts.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • No pressure, no diamonds.
      • View Profile
    Re: Militia increase in Mt. Black Nastrond
    « Reply #61: April 20, 2012, 06:35:52 PM »
    Take the Magistrates private arguments to the back room. This discussion is closed.
    If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.