Author Topic: Fontan deportations  (Read 4048 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Fontan deportations
« Topic Start: April 21, 2012, 09:35:08 PM »
Just wondering when these will happen. It has been more than a week since the verdict was announced, and the number of characters in Fontan has actually increased in that time.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Fontan deportations
« Reply #1: April 22, 2012, 10:39:00 AM »
I have a life, too. It happened today. Anyone who is unhappy about that it took a while is welcome to fly over, ring at my door, and help me take care of other aspects of my life that also need time, effort and attention.

Azul

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 22, 2012, 02:19:53 PM »
There are two of these deportations that I have to entirely protest, one especially. I don’t know how you have judged these players to be in a clan at all.

Noble has left (2 hours, 30 minutes ago)

Rirem of the Cedillo (Noble) was seen in Greatbridge, boarding a ship to Colonies.
His unit, the The Freeman's Reward has been partly converted into a militia unit.

Rirem Cedillo ; Has been in the realm for more than 1000 days and just in the past week en-nobled his adventurer. Thats more than 3 YEARS, and his character there was a commoner for almost that entire time, not a noble so why has he been targeted?? Even the name of the unit shows he has only just become a noble. Here are also two letters to prove it.

Letter from Rirem of the Cedillo (8 days, 23 hours ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (57 recipients)

Nobility of Fontan,

On this day I claim my reward through years of lesser service to this land and many of its figures of prominence, taking up the mantle of a knight on recommendations long ago earned. I am pleased to see many with whom I have had personal dealings before and hope that I shall come to know many more of you in time.

I am not one much for writings or politics. What I am is a good sword and a fair fighter. My service to Fontan shall continue as diligently as it was before.

I am honoured to be, Sir Rirem Cedillo of Fontan.

Rirem of the Cedillo (Freeman)

Out-of-Character from Ricardo of the Cedillo (25 days, 8 hours ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (45 recipients)

I'm in Toupellon, vaguely. I'm also in Fontan with one of the best adventurers on the
continent!

Edward Cedillo

Since you announced the magistrate investigation and then three days later he made his adventurer into a noble it is obvious he isn’t part of any clan or else why would he “add” a character to the noble pool and put himself in the firing line? Was any investigation given into this action at all?

Noble has left (3 hours, 37 minutes ago)
Caeranor Saegarus Griffirtaen (Knight of Dulbin) was seen in Dulbin, boarding a ship to Far East.
His unit, the Shining Quest has been partly converted into a militia unit.

Noble has left (3 hours, 37 minutes ago)
Caeranor Saegarus Griffirtaen (Knight of Dulbin) was deported from this island by a GameMaster. The reason given was:
Enforcement of Magistrate Verdict.

His former character was in Fontan long before Aurvandil existed, his Hero died in a battle and he returned after his character was old enough to be roleplayed as the son of the one who died. Yes he also has a character in Aurvandil but I don’t see how that, with him having starting a character in Fontan several years ago, can be grounds to deport him because he has a character in Aurvandil.

2010-10-14      Malenard Saegarus      Joined the realm of Fontan
2011-04-14      Malenard Saegarus      Killed as a hero in battle at age 27
2012-03-27      Caeranor Saegarus      Began his career in Fontan

Letter from Caeranor Saegarus Griffirtaen (26 days, 8 hours ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (44 recipients)

Greetings o'Fontanese.

I am Caeranor Saegarus. Some of you may have known my father, Sir Malenard Saegarus Griffirtaen, Hero of this realm who died defending the walls of Krimml.

I was heading out from my homeland of Perdan, wherein I was born, to see the land for which my father gave his life. With war upon you I wish to take up the same cause that my father did in fighting for Fontan. I know little of you but for what I have read. My father thought it fitting to risk his life in Fontan's final defence and a cause as worthy for my father to give his all is one good enough for me.

I hope to serve you well.

Caeranor Saegarus Griffirtaen (Noble)

These deportations seem entirely arbitrary and in these two cases in particular seem unjustifiable even under the  guise of clanning by the professional whiners of the Clan d’Grehkmoor.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #3: April 22, 2012, 02:24:41 PM »
Well the deportations just happened though only 7 were deported. I expected twice that.

Noble has left   (3 hours, 26 minutes ago)
Lyzekiel de' Striguile, Minister of Defense of Fontan was deported from this island by a GameMaster. The reason given was:

Noble has left   (3 hours, 25 minutes ago)
Caeranor Saegarus Griffirtaen (Knight of Dulbin) was deported from this island by a GameMaster. The reason given was:

Noble has left   (3 hours, 25 minutes ago)
Hugo Hufflepuff-Higginbobble (Knight of Greatbridge) was deported from this island by a GameMaster. The reason given was:

Noble has left   (3 hours, 24 minutes ago)
Valentine Lockheart (Noble) was deported from this island by a GameMaster. The reason given was:

oble has left   (3 hours, 22 minutes ago)
Rirem of the Cedillo (Noble) was deported from this island by a GameMaster. The reason given was:

Noble has left   (3 hours, 22 minutes ago)
Aethelwulf Lurdigala (Knight of Negev) was deported from this island by a GameMaster. The reason given was:

Noble has left   (3 hours, 21 minutes ago)
Asgautr Strongjaw Lurdigala (Knight of Negev) was deported from this island by a GameMaster. The reason given was:
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #4: April 22, 2012, 02:29:39 PM »

Rirem of the Cedillo (Noble) was seen in Greatbridge, boarding a ship to Colonies.
His unit, the The Freeman's Reward has been partly converted into a militia unit. [/i]

Rirem Cedillo ; Has been in the realm for more than 1000 days and just in the past week en-nobled his adventurer. Thats more than 3 YEARS, and his character there was a commoner for almost that entire time, not a noble so why has he been targeted?? Even the name of the unit shows he has only just become a noble. Here are also two letters to prove it.

I have to agree on this one.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 02:31:21 PM by katayanna »
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 22, 2012, 04:07:13 PM »
Two things:

1. We never said we wouldn't make a mistake, although in this case I disagree with both of you. The characters in question have long histories of playing together with the larger group that is being targeted, which you would see if you looked at their family histories. Thus the specific circumstances of how and when these characters joined Fontan are rather irrelevant.

2. We also never said we'd deport every last one of them, nor did we intend to. We may also have missed some; that's easy to do.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #6: April 22, 2012, 04:14:00 PM »
Two things:

1. We never said we wouldn't make a mistake, although in this case I disagree with both of you. The characters in question have long histories of playing together with the larger group that is being targeted, which you would see if you looked at their family histories. Thus the specific circumstances of how and when these characters joined Fontan are rather irrelevant.

2. We also never said we'd deport every last one of them, nor did we intend to. We may also have missed some; that's easy to do.

Ok, you bring up a good point that I did not look into about his family history.

I know that you did not plan to deport all of them. I was just hoping for more than half... that is all.  [/li][/list]

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 22, 2012, 04:52:58 PM »
If you have a problem with the actions taken, contact Tom directly by email or forum PM.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.