Author Topic: Succession downtime period  (Read 1899 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Succession downtime period
« Topic Start: April 26, 2012, 07:01:23 PM »
I'm curious to know if there is a succession-option downtime in the old system (non-testing islands). For example: Duke A secedes to realm A then wants to secede again to realm B as soon as possible. Does the succession option for the Duke have the same 2 week downtime as when a new Duke is appointed/elected?
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re: Succession downtime period
« Reply #1: April 26, 2012, 07:07:58 PM »
Need to use the correct terminology. You're talking about changing allegiance. Secession is completely different.

And I don't know.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 26, 2012, 07:09:30 PM »
First of all, please be careful of your spelling. "Succession" means one ruler's reign ending and the next ruler's reign beginning. "Secession" means part of a realm breaking off and forming its own.

Secondly, please be careful of your terminology. "Secession" means part of a realm breaking off and forming its own brand-new realm. What you describe is a change of allegiance from one realm to another.

Third of all, we're ironing out the last few issues with the testing code, and I expect we'll see the move to stable very shortly, so information about how the current stable system works isn't going to be relevant for long.

Finally, to actually answer your question ;D : Yes, that's definitely the way it's supposed to work.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #3: April 27, 2012, 12:12:06 AM »
So it goes.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 27, 2012, 02:31:52 AM »
Right, thanks  ;D Thanks for clearing up the terminology, too, I'll keep it in mind for the future.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)