Author Topic: Lordless Regions  (Read 3841 times)

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Lordless Regions
« Topic Start: May 06, 2012, 10:06:26 AM »
I was wondering (since we have so very very few nobles in Iashalur) how bad it is to have lordless regions under the new estate system.  So, uh, how bad is it, given that our capital is still Gaston and the regions we'll be taking are just east and south of Darfix?

EDIT:  So the first thing I think is "I'll go ask the people who play on Dwilight!", then post, go back to the main page and see in big letters right in front of me "Helpline".  D'oh, sorry for the misplaced question thread.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Lordless Regions
« Reply #1: May 06, 2012, 10:39:33 AM »
lordless regions have all their collected tax go up to the duke.

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 06, 2012, 10:52:14 AM »
lordless regions have all their collected tax go up to the duke.

Alright; what about morale and control effects?  Would those be okay, and is there still a drain (IIRC there was under the old system) on those stats for the region having no lord?

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 06, 2012, 10:58:59 AM »
Alright; what about morale and control effects?  Would those be okay, and is there still a drain (IIRC there was under the old system) on those stats for the region having no lord?

There is, but Luria Vesperi managed quite well to keep two lordless regions for a good time, until they got lords. I suppose that with courtiers it should not be such a big issue.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #4: May 06, 2012, 03:53:20 PM »
Lordless regions are like headless bodies.  Not meant to be alive, but not quite dead yet.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 06, 2012, 03:58:17 PM »
Lordless regions are like headless bodies.  Not meant to be alive, but not quite dead yet.

Wait... You're saying you'd survive without your head?

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: May 06, 2012, 05:25:16 PM »
Foundation you monster...

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #7: May 06, 2012, 05:33:43 PM »
'Tis but a scratch.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

egamma

« Reply #8: May 06, 2012, 07:40:29 PM »
There are no morale/loyalty/control penalties for having no lord. If the entire region is empty, then only 50% of the tax gold will be collected, and it will all go to the duke. And, none of the food will be sold-if it's a badlands region, that might not be a problem, but if it's a major food producer then you will have a problem.

And, if the taxes are too high, causing unrest, then there's nobody to lower them. Nobody to build recruitment centers...you get the idea.

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 07, 2012, 09:17:42 AM »
So having some lordless woodlands regions in the core of our realm shouldn't be half bad; they'll eventually bring in extra gold but the food sitting there shouldn't be too significant, especially if it's a temporary thing.  And it'll get the population on it's way up in the meantime.  Thanks a lot! ^.^