Author Topic: Fontan VS Westmoor/Perdan/caligus war  (Read 19484 times)

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
Re: Fontan VS Westmoor/Perdan/caligus war
« Reply #30: May 02, 2012, 03:38:00 AM »
Why complain about a 3 v 1 war when your realm can pull up a 25k army out of mid-air... Just go ahead and pull a 50k army and destroy all of them at the same time... It's definitly possiby for Fontan considering they pull out 25k armies... However, I believe Westmoor will just get Oberndorf and Commonyr as new regions and Caligus will get the rest.... Maybe a new duchy, eh?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 03:42:07 AM by T Strike »
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Zakilevo

« Reply #31: May 02, 2012, 04:04:24 AM »
Why complain about a 3 v 1 war when your realm can pull up a 25k army out of mid-air... Just go ahead and pull a 50k army and destroy all of them at the same time... It's definitly possiby for Fontan considering they pull out 25k armies... However, I believe Westmoor will just get Oberndorf and Commonyr as new regions and Caligus will get the rest.... Maybe a new duchy, eh?

Nope, Sorry. Westmoor will just go back to their original borders. Nivemus will get Oberndorf and Caligus will get the rest.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: May 02, 2012, 05:18:05 AM »
Nivemus should get Oberndorf... If you want to talk history, the region belongs to either Old Rancagua, Sirion, or Fontan. Jor has been trying to say Westmoor has a claim but we all know it's BS.  :P

Also, to go back to Sirion vs Fontan, several factors went into making Sirion a powerhouse that could withstand 5 realms. First was geography. Second, stupid tactics(seriously? You are going to attack Trinbar again and not go up through Avamar? How predictable... :P). Third the fact they were heavily bolstered by war-lusty nobles and former Old Rancaguan nobles. Lastly, because coordinating five realms across nearly the entire continent is a difficult thing to manage at best, and even harder when two of the stronger ones are so far South they can only come every other week.

That, in a nutshell, is how Sirion withstood the onslaught and later used that momentum to turn the tide of the war. Other factors were of course involved, but those were the big ones.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: May 02, 2012, 11:23:54 AM »
Plus, like, I think Westmoor had more rebellions than actual battles, heh.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: May 02, 2012, 11:35:20 AM »
Why complain about a 3 v 1 war when your realm can pull up a 25k army out of mid-air... Just go ahead and pull a 50k army and destroy all of them at the same time... It's definitly possiby for Fontan considering they pull out 25k armies...

There is no need to be mean, dude.
------
qui audet vincit

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: May 02, 2012, 12:06:40 PM »
Plus, like, I think Westmoor had more rebellions than actual battles, heh.

Its been three years since a Monarch stepped down entirely voluntarily.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: May 02, 2012, 03:11:41 PM »
...that's how long Westmoor has existed, afaik D:

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: May 02, 2012, 03:17:42 PM »
...that's how long Westmoor has existed, afaik D:

Westmoor's first Queen, Evangeline Uceek, stepped down voluntarily.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: May 02, 2012, 04:05:39 PM »
The last completely voluntary abdication was Merewyn (our third ruler), who stepped down on 9 May 2009, almost exactly three years ago. Since then we've had two Monarchs overthrown in rebellion (Micna and Scheckyos), two protested out of office (Jor during his first reign and Flaylen), and two who abdicated while the Lords were grumbling about them (Corwin and Maedros/I).

I'll admit, the last two are streching the definition of involuntary a bit, but it sounds better that way  ;D
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: May 03, 2012, 12:04:56 AM »
I think Oligarch had control of Oberndorf at one point. Till Fontan became almighty and took it.
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: May 03, 2012, 12:18:11 AM »
I think Oligarch had control of Oberndorf at one point. Till Fontan became almighty and took it.

Oligarch did have control of it a long time ago, I believe. But then they were smashed and Sirion actually took command of the region for a long time with the infamous Duke Doc Primus ruling Oligarch. Then the Great War eventually started and Oberndorf switched hands from Sirion, Old Rancagua, and Fontan for a long time until the Sultanate was created and Old Rancagua, being attacked on two fronts, lost control of their Southern regions. After that, Oberndorf was either rogue or Fontanese.

And, either way, It doesn't matter. Oberndorf has more ties to Nivemus(some Old Rancaguan ties) and Sirion(former owner) than Oligarch has had recently and certainly more than Westmoor, which the only tie to the realm Oligarch is the city.

That being said, I think Westmoor will end up with Commonyr. The rest will probably go to Caligus one way or another.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #41: May 03, 2012, 01:19:33 AM »
Excluding the Oligarchian nobles we had at founding, including one former Oligarch leader who later became Queen of Westmoor and until recently was Countess of Greatbridge?

And the time Westmoor held Oberndorf and Commonyr under its flag?

The idea of Westmoor started as a restoration of Oligarch.  Those were the very words used by Eva Uceek/Kylie.  We have as much right to claim lineage from Oligarch as Nivemus has for OR.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: May 03, 2012, 04:00:03 AM »
Who say we are pulling rabbit out of the hat? I thought I already hint many of you, if you destroy Fontan mobile strength, they are as good as dead. Good luck in trying at that time :P
Caligus will found a new colony realm together with Westmoor. That what my oracle told me ;)
Hmm, now where should Fontan nobles seek refugee in? Obsidian island perhaps, they need nobles ::)

There is no need to be mean, dude.
Thanks. Sometime we all need to be reminded :)

Peace everyone!
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: May 03, 2012, 04:41:58 AM »
Excluding the Oligarchian nobles we had at founding, including one former Oligarch leader who later became Queen of Westmoor and until recently was Countess of Greatbridge?

And the time Westmoor held Oberndorf and Commonyr under its flag?

The idea of Westmoor started as a restoration of Oligarch.  Those were the very words used by Eva Uceek/Kylie.  We have as much right to claim lineage from Oligarch as Nivemus has for OR.

How many of those people do you still have?

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: May 03, 2012, 06:43:58 AM »
Two (Khorn and Merewyn).

Mind you, if anyone asks me, its silly to pretend that who-ruled-what years ago will have anything to do with the end result. "The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must"