Author Topic: Tribes:Ascend  (Read 13190 times)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Tribes:Ascend
« Topic Start: May 02, 2012, 08:28:27 PM »
This is a free FPS of excellent quality. As earlier games in the series, the gameplay revolves around shooting and skiing.

Basically you're in a suit of armor with a jetpack, and whenever it's downhill you can ski without any friction. This allows for high speeds, above 200KPH is not uncommon. Luckily the maps are ranging from gigantic to humongous.

Three armor types exist (Light, Medium and Heavy), each divided into three classes covering all aspects of gameplay. The main game mode is CTF, though Team Deathmatch (with a twist), Arena and ranked matches are available.

At the start you only have 3 classes available. You can or purchase gold and unlock all other classes (and extra weapons + slight powerups), or gather XP and unlock things more slowly. In general I hate games where free accounts have a disadvantage, but this is no real issue here. The gameplay is heavily reliant on skill, because most weapons use projectiles (so you need to estimate where your enemy will be, again, at high speed).

So far I've played a few dozen hours and unlocked the Pathfinder, Juggernaut and Soldier (3 default), the Sentinel (sniper) and Raider. They all offer very different gameplay experience, and each have a unique role on the battlefield!

This game is fast, and relies on skill as well as teamplay. A great overall FPS! And FREE!

Anyways, let me know if you're up for a game, and add me. Shizzler :)