Author Topic: Tribes:Ascend  (Read 12947 times)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Tribes:Ascend
« Reply #30: October 24, 2012, 10:46:41 AM »
Infil flag grabs can be ace, if they're done right (usually not :P). @Tom is you want to just try out stuff before purchasing (xp or otherwise), go to target practice. It says the items are locked, but you can still select them :)

So far I've unlocked all classes, the soldier's spinfusor, the raiders grenade launcher (don't make the same mistake), the pth bolt launcher and thrust pack, the fusion mortar deluxe and some minor things. Each of these go for 40k xp+. I don't have any boosters or VIP xp, though usually I get a chunk of bonus points for ending in the top 5.

I am starting to lose interest, despite still having fun, because of the trend taking hold of T:A. Firstly most new maps are unappealing, because they are too repetitive . Dangerous crossing for instance, or the new Forgotten Ruins. Or because they are too difficult to play on pubs, like Permafrost (damn generatorplay. Is it so hard to get in with a soldier and pass that flag to a passing PTH??)

Secondly, the PTHs are getting too fast. This forced the sentinels to get OP. Without a good sniper defending against 350km/h caps is almost impossible, and countergrabs seem to be the only option. Of course a good doombringer or even thumper spam can help out, but this rarely works on pubs...

Also for the fans, I found playapug.com, for small 7v7 matches. Haven't checked it out myself though, but it seemed fun.

Regarding gameplay, I'm still using soldier (spin+thum dx - want the eagle gun) and juggernaut (mortar deluxe + spin) above all else. Rarely any of the other classes. Never Infil (playing in too highl ranked servers to pick it up now it seems), sentinel, technician or raider. I just like the flag play too much :)