Author Topic: Tribes:Ascend  (Read 13099 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Tribes:Ascend
« Reply #15: May 03, 2012, 12:45:35 AM »
My god so many people are jumping around! what is the point of using an assault rifle!!!!

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: May 03, 2012, 01:17:54 AM »
My god so many people are jumping around! what is the point of using an assault rifle!!!!
None, play pathfinder and use the spinfusor. Aim at where people are going to land.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Zakilevo

« Reply #17: May 03, 2012, 01:47:27 AM »
None, play pathfinder and use the spinfusor. Aim at where people are going to land.

I am actually doing pretty good as a juggernaut. Artillery kills are awesome :).

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: May 03, 2012, 08:06:30 AM »

The assault rifle's main use is when you're giving chase on a slow pathfinder or other classes. It's not too bad, once you get used to it:)

also: you regen health every now and then when you're out of combat, so a great way to gain speed at the start of a run is to fire behind you so you're hit by the splash. The PF's nades are great for this, and also the Soldier's Thumper (which is my fav weapon :P)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #19: May 12, 2012, 12:29:50 PM »
Given that I played a lot of Tribes, was in the beta and meta tests for T2, wrote the first mapping guide, etc. etc. etc. - I just had to give Ascend a try. So far, I'm enjoying it, though I'm not really a big fan of the unlockables. I enjoy exploring too much to find my way stopped by what's essentially a paywall.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: May 12, 2012, 12:36:02 PM »
yeah I'd definitely prefer just flat $

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #21: May 12, 2012, 03:27:20 PM »
I don't mind paying in parts and pieces. It's a different business model, sure.

What irks me is that I don't have a chance to test a class out before I pay for it. I'd love to be able to play every class for a few hours before I decide which ones I like and which ones I don't.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: May 13, 2012, 10:12:47 AM »
I don't mind paying in parts and pieces. It's a different business model, sure.

What irks me is that I don't have a chance to test a class out before I pay for it. I'd love to be able to play every class for a few hours before I decide which ones I like and which ones I don't.

Or just be able to access all classes and weapons in training mode. Just used my facebook gold (you get 250 for liking their page) on the raider's grenade launcher, but I'm not sure it was a good choice.

Also, there's a new map which is pretty cool for pathfinders :) Jugs are indeed cool, my highscore so far (~20k) was using that class.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #23: May 23, 2012, 07:38:14 PM »
Oh yeah, and if you want to add me, my Tribes name is Baalor. To bad they didn't reserve the T2 names. :-(

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #24: May 24, 2012, 12:55:21 PM »
Wow.  Been ages since I've played Tribes.  Loved them back in the day (and the entire Starsiege series, truthfully).  Had no idea they've made a third.  Have to remember to check it out.

Edit:  WTF.  This is the FOURTH Tribes game?  Apparently Tribes: Vengeance / Tribes 3 came out in 2004.  I never heard of that release.  That's a damned shame.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #25: May 24, 2012, 04:18:36 PM »
I don't know a single person who ever played T3, and it didn't live very long, so...

Zakilevo

« Reply #26: May 24, 2012, 08:53:45 PM »
I can't handle this game anymore. I am used to side to side not up and down. Too much jumping!

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: May 25, 2012, 08:34:46 AM »
I can't handle this game anymore. I am used to side to side not up and down. Too much jumping!

CoD?

I lost interest for a few weeks (got M&B:Warband), but now I'm back on track. Even played with Tom on a server, though he didn't notice my 'hello', or I didn't notice his reply. How do you PM in this game?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #28: May 25, 2012, 09:56:35 AM »
I noticed a "shizzler" in a game. But yeah, there are so many "hellos". Not sure if you can PM at all. You can certainly write custom text.

Zakilevo

« Reply #29: May 26, 2012, 04:06:29 AM »
Yeah. Well something similar. Like Counter Strike. I never played CoD maybe once in my friend's house. I get sick fast so I don't play much FPS games. All this jumping is kicking my stomach hard.