Author Topic: Tribes:Ascend  (Read 12944 times)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Tribes:Ascend
« Reply #30: May 26, 2012, 02:14:34 PM »
Yeah. Well something similar. Like Counter Strike. I never played CoD maybe once in my friend's house. I get sick fast so I don't play much FPS games. All this jumping is kicking my stomach hard.

Have you tried heavies? They're a lot slower. The Juggernaut, for instance, is a class where I can sometimes barely move for several minutes :p

Zakilevo

« Reply #31: May 27, 2012, 05:03:14 AM »
Yeah. They are nice. Love shooting them across the map. Got like three artillery shots off in one of my game. But they get picked off fast...

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: May 27, 2012, 09:25:54 AM »
Yeah. They are nice. Love shooting them across the map. Got like three artillery shots off in one of my game. But they get picked off fast...

My best is 6 so far :P Got a shrike with the Mortar once, and even an Air Mail! Also, it's my top scoring class (with 20k ish points, though I usually only get between 6-10k). It's cool because you always need skill and some luck for your shots, so great satisfaction on any kill :)

After a while you also know the distances and directions of towers and stuff by heart, from a number of spots. Love it when I manage to hit on first aim (though it doesn't happen too often).

Tl;dr: still love the game :)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: October 22, 2012, 03:54:26 PM »
Update time!

Anyone still playin? If you've gained interest, join! https://account.hirezstudios.com/tribesascend/?referral=1953305&utm_campaign=email

(yeah I discovered referral goodies :P)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #34: October 22, 2012, 06:13:41 PM »
I still play every now and then. But with the recent patches, progress has become frustratingly slow. I earn about 1k XP on average (less than that on losing a game, sometimes up to 2k when winning) and that means to buy mines I need to play 75 games. That's just ridiculous. I'd need to play hundreds of games to unlock the stuff I want to try out. It's definitely become too much Pay2Win (or rather, Pay2HaveFun) for me.

Richard Leonecoeur

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: October 24, 2012, 02:51:31 AM »
I really do enjoy Tribes. I didn't pay for anything... and I got almost all of the unlocks I want.

I'm the !@#$%^& flag runner INF with a !@#$ty red spinfusor, and I do a pretty good job at it.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: October 24, 2012, 10:46:41 AM »
Infil flag grabs can be ace, if they're done right (usually not :P). @Tom is you want to just try out stuff before purchasing (xp or otherwise), go to target practice. It says the items are locked, but you can still select them :)

So far I've unlocked all classes, the soldier's spinfusor, the raiders grenade launcher (don't make the same mistake), the pth bolt launcher and thrust pack, the fusion mortar deluxe and some minor things. Each of these go for 40k xp+. I don't have any boosters or VIP xp, though usually I get a chunk of bonus points for ending in the top 5.

I am starting to lose interest, despite still having fun, because of the trend taking hold of T:A. Firstly most new maps are unappealing, because they are too repetitive . Dangerous crossing for instance, or the new Forgotten Ruins. Or because they are too difficult to play on pubs, like Permafrost (damn generatorplay. Is it so hard to get in with a soldier and pass that flag to a passing PTH??)

Secondly, the PTHs are getting too fast. This forced the sentinels to get OP. Without a good sniper defending against 350km/h caps is almost impossible, and countergrabs seem to be the only option. Of course a good doombringer or even thumper spam can help out, but this rarely works on pubs...

Also for the fans, I found playapug.com, for small 7v7 matches. Haven't checked it out myself though, but it seemed fun.

Regarding gameplay, I'm still using soldier (spin+thum dx - want the eagle gun) and juggernaut (mortar deluxe + spin) above all else. Rarely any of the other classes. Never Infil (playing in too highl ranked servers to pick it up now it seems), sentinel, technician or raider. I just like the flag play too much :)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #37: October 24, 2012, 12:23:43 PM »
That would be me with the flag grabs, though I've still got to hit 350, but I usually get the flag at "gotta go fast", which I think triggers above 250. And yes, I hate snipers.

I play Pathfinder (flag runner) or Juggernaut most of the time, though I've levelled up at Technician (vehicle pilot) build and sitting near the flag and nuking every wannabe flag-runner with the tank cannon is tons of fun. And since I now eject if you kill my tank I don't even care about that, I'll kill you and grab a new tank. Quite a bit of fun.

I mostly decide upon the map what I play. There are some maps where I just can't figure out the cap routes, and there are some where I can probably make a flag run blindfolded (Katabatic and Raindance, for example).

Richard Leonecoeur

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: October 26, 2012, 03:19:43 AM »
I average around ~250 max on escapes; my top speed grab was a legit over 1000 sanics somehow; I rocketed off something, just about died, and flew halfway across the map. I think someone shot me at the perfect time and I narrowly avoided death, while taking a huge speed boost.

I'm good at stealth llamas, when I have to -- or flag interference. I'm a reckless light, when I play. I flag harass primarily; no one likes stickies thrown on them, nor infiltrators rocketing towards them... I'm not killable by a lot of what kills a pathfinder easily, though I am a bit less agile and a tidbit slower. I use the stealth to get great setups and also play an overwatch. So I will distract so someone else can get the flag as well; or nab the flag as soon as they return it (sometimes intercepting their carrier). I do generator harass when needed; and less often I stealth-harass the flag, though I have done very well with that. I used to chase, but the Rhino isn't good enough for the lack of speed. The stealth fusor isn't that good either, but at least I can go fast with it, the pistol is OKAY enough for chasing, and the fusor gives me a long range explosive.

I have to take different routes. I'm capable of being the only flag runner on a team, but I'll concede it to a good PTH. People constantly tell me I'm playing wrong, but until I'm the one screwing over a game, it doesn't mean much.

Edit: I'd really like to play with some of you guys. :) silvershot10 on Steam, might show up as Kirfkin

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #39: October 26, 2012, 10:53:20 AM »
I average around ~250 max on escapes; my top speed grab was a legit over 1000 sanics somehow; I rocketed off something, just about died, and flew halfway across the map. I think someone shot me at the perfect time and I narrowly avoided death, while taking a huge speed boost.

Raindance?

There's a collision bug somewhere at the tower, edge of the entrance or edge of the tower itself, not entirely sure. I manage to hit it sometimes because one of my flag routes seems to have the optimal angle for it. If you hit it, next thing you know you are in the stratosphere. I managed to land without dying ONCE from that height, and only barely so. But it makes for a really great escape - pretty much you are gone from the map for 30 seconds or so until you're back down in shrike range.

Edit: I'd really like to play with some of you guys. :) silvershot10 on Steam, might show up as Kirfkin

T:A isn't a Steam game. But add me in T:A as Balanuir then you can see where I play if I play and join in.

Richard Leonecoeur

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: October 26, 2012, 02:16:44 PM »
Raindance?

There's a collision bug somewhere at the tower, edge of the entrance or edge of the tower itself, not entirely sure. I manage to hit it sometimes because one of my flag routes seems to have the optimal angle for it. If you hit it, next thing you know you are in the stratosphere. I managed to land without dying ONCE from that height, and only barely so. But it makes for a really great escape - pretty much you are gone from the map for 30 seconds or so until you're back down in shrike range.

T:A isn't a Steam game. But add me in T:A as Balanuir then you can see where I play if I play and join in.

It's on Steam last I saw! I was migrating over to using the Steam installed version of it so the overlay lagged less; but I have to do some reg deleting and everything. :<