Author Topic: Human Nature  (Read 25459 times)

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Human Nature
« Reply #15: March 20, 2011, 09:38:15 PM »
Well put. My only point of disagreement is that I believe that human nature is definable and can be seen in action across time and culture, but in regards to what you have said about this specific case. I cannot disagree. The culture of most realms is defined as medieval and many players RP outside that without solid justification. But when you stated the consideration so matter of fact, I thought that you were of a different opinion. I was defending the way I RP one of my characters: Ulrich.

So what do you think regarding my character Ulrich. He grew up as a spoiled nephew of his rich uncle, and his family is insanely wealthy. He has always had a very high opinion of himself and believes that he deserves anything he wants. Along those lines, he is an arrogant, selfish young man who is also a womanizer. He is also a bit of a coward, and commands archers because he is afraid of the front lines of battle. That is his character, and it only shows up in RP's. When he sends letters or reports to the realm, he portrays himself as brave, noble, and moral. In your eyes is this a fair Medieval character? or is his rogue character to far from historical accuracy? 

Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist