Author Topic: Human Nature  (Read 25480 times)

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
Re: Human Nature
« Reply #15: March 22, 2011, 04:10:38 AM »
I disagree.

However, even in unstable relationships: there are many ways to be unstable. Some make more sense medievally than others.

But it's not really just about relationships. Take religion. It seems like well over half the religious RPs I see are extremely abnormal hyper-ritualized settings; that is, not rituals in which I can see thousands of people participating.

I have seen some stable relationships which, alluded to in roleplays and displayed in the manner both parties support one another in the realm itself, add a vital atmosphere. You know that the couple are going to stand with each other quite firmly, and it is especially interesting when they do not, or when one acts as a mediating (or radicalising) influence on the other. It doesn't even have to be stated quite explicitly.

As for religious rps... I had a stint not long ago where I roleplayed a priest with a heavily intellectual bent who made an effort to make converts of the nobility by demonstrating the more civilised aspects of his religion and personal abilities. He would even hold lectures on certain elements of human nature and how the world may be intepreted through his faith. Unfortunately at the time I was doing this the religion was already falling into a very sheer decline with a patriarch who didn't even know the basics of the religion and priests who never talked. The rest of the elders who should have done something were either doing nothing or busy roleplaying in ways that were completely detrimental to their positions. Eventually I gave up on the faith and from what I've seen now they have gone from having around 100 noble converts to 40.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.