Author Topic: Clanning Scenario  (Read 7184 times)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Clanning Scenario
« Topic Start: May 05, 2012, 10:28:10 PM »
This is a hypothetical situation.

Suppose their is a player who plays with 5-6 of his friends, all of them just putting in a character or two in a realm. These guys are a little band of players, and apparently influence each other enough that they all just joined a realm at the same time and perhaps influence each other more than that.

In that situation would they be a multi-player clan and therefore be in violation of Battlemaster rules?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 10:30:01 PM by Uzamaki »

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Re: Clanning Scenario
« Reply #1: May 05, 2012, 10:37:40 PM »
You would have to see how they interact ingame. Do they always support each other, and if they do support each other, are there ingame reasons for their association? How much influence have they gained in the realm?

It is possible for people who know each other to play in the same realm and not support each other unless there is an ingame connection that they have validly built.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 05, 2012, 10:41:35 PM »
You would have to see how they interact ingame. Do they always support each other, and if they do support each other, are there ingame reasons for their association? How much influence have they gained in the realm?

It is possible for people who know each other to play in the same realm and not support each other unless there is an ingame connection that they have validly built.

Hypothetically speaking, they just joined.

And yes, I understand that people can know each other and not support each other.

Adding on to this scenario, the hypothetical group skypes together and the player would like for one of his friend that he knows OOC to install his own form of a religion.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 11:02:38 PM by Uzamaki »

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 06, 2012, 01:47:20 AM »
That depends, are they playing for fun, or playing to win.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 06, 2012, 06:23:02 AM »
That depends, are they playing for fun, or playing to win.

For fun at the moment.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 06, 2012, 06:51:12 AM »
In that situation would they be a multi-player clan and therefore be in violation of Battlemaster rules?

Unless the rules changed and I missed it (sadly possible given my lack of activity of late) there is no ban on clans.  There is a ban on clans that are exclusionary and make things not fun for everyone else.  Specifically, "Don't use your clan to ruin other people's fun".

For instance, by your definition, and substituting IRC for Skype, a whole group of people I know were a clan.  Originally played together in various ways, all of us ended up with characters in Arcaea, chatted in the #Arcaea channel, and quite a number sent people to Pian en Luries when Koli became active/powerful there.  However, others were included in the power discussions, and while most of the Arcaea bunch started supporting Koli and he them, various divisions arose (best example is probably De-Legro's and Solari's characters at the end), and I don't think anyone would argue that there was undue amounts of working together, given that everything was dissolving into civil war even before Koli's assassination.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 06, 2012, 07:01:10 AM »
Unless the rules changed and I missed it (sadly possible given my lack of activity of late) there is no ban on clans.  There is a ban on clans that are exclusionary and make things not fun for everyone else.  Specifically, "Don't use your clan to ruin other people's fun".

For instance, by your definition, and substituting IRC for Skype, a whole group of people I know were a clan.  Originally played together in various ways, all of us ended up with characters in Arcaea, chatted in the #Arcaea channel, and quite a number sent people to Pian en Luries when Koli became active/powerful there.  However, others were included in the power discussions, and while most of the Arcaea bunch started supporting Koli and he them, various divisions arose (best example is probably De-Legro's and Solari's characters at the end), and I don't think anyone would argue that there was undue amounts of working together, given that everything was dissolving into civil war even before Koli's assassination.

What do you mean, I was helping Koli the entire time, he just didn't really know what was best for him. Solari and Juan ALWAYS knew what was best for Koli :)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 06, 2012, 07:13:20 AM »
This is a hypothetical situation.

Suppose their is a player who plays with 5-6 of his friends, all of them just putting in a character or two in a realm. These guys are a little band of players, and apparently influence each other enough that they all just joined a realm at the same time and perhaps influence each other more than that.

Clans are not prohibited. Behavior by any player or group of players which is OOCly exclusive and violates the social contract is prohibited.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 06, 2012, 07:15:50 AM »
What do you mean, I was helping Koli the entire time, he just didn't really know what was best for him. Solari and Juan ALWAYS knew what was best for Koli :)

Just like we knew what was best for Alanna, right?
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 06, 2012, 08:40:10 AM »

Very similar yes. Mind you things were less about Koli and more about several other members of PeL.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #10: May 06, 2012, 03:46:12 PM »
* Foundation loves Alanna and Koli. :)

edit: as characters, of course.  ;D
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 06, 2012, 04:25:18 PM »

She's still alive, isn't she? had we not removed her from the throne, the stress would have killed her long ago!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 06, 2012, 06:38:03 PM »
Sounds to me like the OP is not so much putting forth a hypothetical, as a "I .. err ..  umm.... my "friend" ... has this problem..."

If you think it's a clan, and they are demonstrated exclusionary behavior, head over to the Magistrates and report it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

« Reply #13: May 06, 2012, 07:42:46 PM »
Sounds to me like the OP is not so much putting forth a hypothetical, as a "I .. err ..  umm.... my "friend" ... has this problem..."

If you think it's a clan, and they are demonstrated exclusionary behavior, head over to the Magistrates and report it.

He's worried that someone is going to report HIM, hypothetically speaking of course.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 06, 2012, 07:51:03 PM »
He's worried that someone is going to report HIM, hypothetically speaking of course.

Actually, I am not involved. But yes, it is about a group in Battlemaster.

EDIT: Always makes me feel good when the messenger get's accused though.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 08:17:10 PM by Uzamaki »