Author Topic: Estate effiency  (Read 5457 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Estate effiency
« Reply #15: January 06, 2013, 08:49:46 PM »
An empty Estate only collects half taxes yes.

I'm a bit confused to what Foundation said, but if I understand it right with Penchant's comment, it still is affected by its efficiency. So a 90% vacant estate would collect 100 * 0.9 (efficiency) * 0.5 (vacancy) = 45 gold, while wildlands would generate 50 gold for the Lord. Is that right? If so, wildlands would generally be more efficient than vacant estates, and never worse. Perhaps vacant Estates should be treated as wildlands, as I erroneously believed was the case.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 08:51:33 PM by Telrunya »

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: January 06, 2013, 08:58:49 PM »
If you create an estate with efficiency 100%, even if it is empty, it will still have efficiency 100%. Just the gold produced minus the lord's share is wasted.
An empty Estate only collects half taxes yes.

I'm a bit confused to what Foundation said, but if I understand it right with Penchant's comment, it still is affected by its efficiency. So a 90% vacant estate would collect 100 * 0.9 (efficiency) * 0.5 (vacancy) = 45 gold, while wildlands would generate 50 gold for the Lord. Is that right? If so, wildlands would generally be more efficient than vacant estates, and never worse. Perhaps vacant Estates should be treated as wildlands, as I erroneously believed was the case.
It would be with a 90% vacant estate and 25% lords share, 100 * 0.9 (efficiency) *.25 (lords share)= 22.5 gold based on what Foundation said.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: January 06, 2013, 09:04:11 PM »
No, that doesn't happen. A vacant Estate only collects half taxes, and sends that directly to the Lord. From the game:

"Also, vacant estates will only collect half of the expected tax, but send everything they collect to you directly."

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: January 06, 2013, 09:05:55 PM »
No, that doesn't happen. A vacant Estate only collects half taxes, and sends that directly to the Lord. From the game:

"Also, vacant estates will only collect half of the expected tax, but send everything they collect to you directly."
I said based on what Foundation said, 22.5 gold is the outcome. I didn't say that is what happens or what the game says.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: January 06, 2013, 09:06:53 PM »
Yeah, I'm just saying that's not how it seems to work.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: January 06, 2013, 11:02:44 PM »
half of... what's expected. So is that half of 100%, or half of 90%, of the efficiency of the vacant estate is 90%?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #21: January 08, 2013, 08:03:37 PM »
My previous post was wrong. Rob is correct, half of whatever is collected from an empty estate or wildlands goes to the lord.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.